Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: DOTM unanswered and answered questions (lots of spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Someone is on comedy fire
    I'm here all week. Try the veal
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I gotta question. Why is that when the pillar that is bringing in Cybertron is knocked down the first time the planet is stops in mid-space, but when it's knocked down the second it destroys Cybertron (or part of it) and warps back all those spaceships?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I gotta question. Why is that when the pillar that is bringing in Cybertron is knocked down the first time the planet is stops in mid-space, but when it's knocked down the second it destroys Cybertron (or part of it) and warps back all those spaceships?
    I believe that when the spacebridge is teleporting Cybertron at first it's not fully materialised at all. When it's knocked down the bridge is disrupted so the transport stops progressing and the planets starts to dematerilise again. When Dylan starts it up again the teleport progresses further and more of the planet starts to become physically present (darker more solid in appearance on film). When the spacebridge is turned off the next time the connection is fully closed and what had materilised in our orbit is sucked back through "subspace" to it's original location, seemingly destroying at least a part of the planet.

Why the spacebridge sucks up the Decepticon ships? That's something I wondered on the second viewing. I think because they arrived on earth via the portal they were coated by some sort of subspace energy on them and are attracted back to subspace when the spacebridge portal is reversed

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Why the spacebridge sucks up the Decepticon ships? That's something I wondered on the second viewing. I think because they arrived on earth via the portal they were coated by some sort of subspace energy on them and are attracted back to subspace when the spacebridge portal is reversed
    I thought it may have been some residual reaction to them using the smaller spacebridge to get from the moon to the Earth earlier in the film. Not saying that is what it was, but it was my lazy way of tring to make it make sense...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Decepticon Guest

Why was there no pretenders like ROTF Alice? I thought they would of included a few. I quite liked Alice!

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Why was there no pretenders like ROTF Alice? I thought they would of included a few. I quite liked Alice!
    Indeed. A good question.

I see Alice more as a Beast Wars/Predacon rather than a Pretender. She doesn't have a shell, she has a beast mode.

Anyway who's to say there weren't any "Pretenders"? If their disguises are good we wouldn't know. Maybe Buzz Alrdin was replaced with a Pretender during the moon mission so he could give Prime the story that got the plan going in DOTM? The older slightly sinister woman that worked for Dylan? Did she have a 5 foot long robotic tongue to whip Mr Gould with when he got out of line.

And what was the story with Dutch? Did his real programming ("the old me") peak out in the Russian Bar scene? He was able to crack super encryption with supercomputer-type skill.

Clearly though if the Decepticons had many warriors with human beast modes then they wouldn't have needed to manipulate the space agencies' workers with Laserbeak. The Beast mode may have been a unique skill that only "Alice" possessed.

Maybe Pretenders weren't considered in DOTM because of how people reacted to Alice, I remember this is how I reacted when I first saw that scene in ROTF...

*Alice climbs on Sam*
    Me: Oohh we got some kinky action here.. ..Isabel Lucas omg...
    *A metal tail comes out of her rear end*
    Me: WTF!??! Eww.... heh, I'd still tap it.
    *Then her face turns robotic*
    Me: Hmm... how am I going to fit it in... ...I mean WTF!?!? The robot bits would tear my skin off! ARHHH!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    And what was the story with Dutch? Did his real programming ("the old me") peak out in the Russian Bar scene? He was able to crack super encryption with supercomputer-type skill.
    Maybe Dutch was a reprogrammed Alice? I think someone at HasTakTomParaIDWetc should make that canonical.

Having Dylan be a pretender would have made his actions make more sense...

It is almost as if this film pretends that RotF did not take place... the only real evidence of the events are a few lines of dialogue and Wheelie, there are no twins, Jolt or Arcee, Primes Jet mode is nothing like his Jetfire mode and it is not like they explain Megatrons injuries/new alt mode...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)