Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: iGear PP05

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    That pic next to not-reflector seems to indicate otherwise. In fact my guesstimation would be that they will be the same scale as Generations G2 Prime, who is one of the smaller-than-average deluxes.

Kind of dissapointing.
    You are right, I stand corrected. Maybe I am remembering something that was said or saw when they were first announced which described them as intended MP scale figures taller than Voyager Prime, similar to MP Grimlock's scale.

Anyways, that kills it for me. I am happy enough with my Henkei Ironhide & Ratchet to get this. If they were MP scale, I would have gotten them.

Based on those IGear pictures, it's only about a head taller than G1 Prime.

http://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?route=common/home

At $110+shipping I would have expected the toy to be at least Binaltech size. At this point it seems like a tall deluxe like Sunstreaker.

Sorry, scale and price breaks it. It looks like an awesomely designed toy but I already have a Classics Ironhide. They should have aimed for the MP scale where that 'gap' needs to be covered not gone for a scale where an official toy already fulfils it.

Yeah this toy is vastly superior to the Universe/Henkei toy but the price is too much for a substitude of a character I already have and a toy I am happy with.

Price kills it for me. Almost the same prices as their MP Coneheads. Looks great, but as Kup said, too much for a figure that only substitutes a figure that already fits well with the Classics figures. MP size would have been better to aim for if they were going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    At $110+shipping I would have expected the toy to be at least Binaltech size. At this point it seems like a tall deluxe like Sunstreaker.
    its free shipping but i agree that the price is kinda way too high.

but all those accessories tempt me...

Even with free shipping, it's WAY over priced.

My dreams are crushed over this. I missed out on the classics version of these and wanted these as placeholders, and they look like fantastic renditions, but I just can't justify the price.

That said I'll probably break in a couple of months and order it!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Even with free shipping, it's WAY over priced.
    not WAY..... with all those accesories and stuff i could handle $200US shipped internationally to me, i mean thats alot of gear they have. I figure getting a set of Universe/Henkei ironhide/ratchet shipped to me would fetch $150 and id put all those acc at $50(if multi compatable with the rest of my CHUG's) so i was anticipating something like $85each plus shipping....
    WANTS
    BotCon Dreadwind. Classics Mirage.[B]

Yeah I also don't think its way overpriced, considering the cost of things like Defender, PE Rumble and Frenzy and the FP upgrades I think this isn't so bad. At least not when you consider the cost of the various Arcee toys, and the Steam Train and other alternate universe Prime's

The amount of accessories also makes it appear more appealing as a stand alone toy than the similarly sized and priced Exgraver toy.

It is on the higher end of town, but as a big Ratchet fan I'm tempted, but I'd like to see a painted pic first.

We also know how much Impactor will likely cost now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    We also know how much Impactor will likely cost now.
    oh yeah..... just decided im gonna skip Ironhide/Ratchet for now and aim for impactor, if he really wow's me ill pick the other 2 up later(hopefully).
    WANTS
    BotCon Dreadwind. Classics Mirage.[B]