Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Heroic's Toy Shop Guide Maps for HK, Osaka, Tokyo & SG

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I'm researching it a bit now...from the looks of things, the easiest way seems to be to base myself in Fukuoka for a few days, taking day-trips to Nagasaki and Kokura. Fukuoka is located between the two, and seems to have the best concentration of hobby-shops in Kyushu.
    After that, head to Hiroshima for another few days, do the Peace Memorial, maybe check out Miyajima if time allows, then back to Osaka.
    It works out pretty well inasmuch as Kokura was the original target for the Fat Man bomb, and the main point of the trip is to see the atomic-bomb sites.

Apparently there's an issue with the region-specific passes for Kyushu, so the general pass is definitely the way to go.
    Nagasaki is a day trip but Kokura can be done in half a day as most of the hobby shops are in one building and that is only less than 5 mins away from the station. Fukuoka does not have too much there, you might be thinking of Kokura. Miyajima is a day trip and while in Hiroshima, also look at the Yamato museum (about 1000yen to enter) and also the navy museum across the road as that is free to enter. The 1/10 scale of Yamato is pretty impressive. Also near the Hiroshima Peace park, there is a Yamada along the main street and a couple of small hobby shops (Yellow Sub and something else).

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Am in Hong Kong now.

Hong Kong island proper is barely worth the time TF-wise. A few box sets at Toys R Us, and of course they're MUCH more up to date in current stock/MPs etc than Oz, but no real bargains to be had and there's nothing you couldn't get just as easily and cheaply online.

Hong Kong itself is pretty interesting though, especially after 5 years in Japan. Something of an assault on the senses, in every way.

Will check out Kowloon over the next few days, starting Tuesday with Bladestorm playing TF tour guide.

Coincidentally, UML hobby on HK island has apparently closed down as of ~3 months ago.

Am in Hong Kong now.

Coincidentally, UML hobby on HK island has apparently closed down as of ~3 months ago.
    UML closed down quite a while ago, as has animate in Wan Chai... and their Mong Kok stores haven't had any TF's my last few visits.

HK stores have a habit of changing, moving and disappearing rather quickly due to rent hikes unfortunately.

Am in Hong Kong now.

Hong Kong island proper is barely worth the time TF-wise. A few box sets at Toys R Us, and of course they're MUCH more up to date in current stock/MPs etc than Oz, but no real bargains to be had and there's nothing you couldn't get just as easily and cheaply online.

Hong Kong itself is pretty interesting though, especially after 5 years in Japan. Something of an assault on the senses, in every way.

Will check out Kowloon over the next few days, starting Tuesday with Bladestorm playing TF tour guide.

Toy Zone in Tai Koo is the boss, definitely worth the train ride and then trying to find it in a random warehouse building.
    http://www.toyzone.com.hk/index.php?route=common/home

Also Action Robo, who have ridiculously little opening hours.
    http://www.actionrobo.com/index/
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

i know it is a limited edition thing but do you think many stores would have the Evangelion MP-10 figure around? How much do you think it would be on average?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Toy Zone in Tai Koo is the boss, definitely worth the train ride and then trying to find it in a random warehouse building.
    http://www.toyzone.com.hk/index.php?route=common/home

Also Action Robo, who have ridiculously little opening hours.
    http://www.actionrobo.com/index/
    Actually, yeah...after Bladestorm showed me around I happily retract my 'Hong Kong Island proper = meh' appraisal.

Toy Zone in Tai Koo was great, as was Action Robo (albeit very much 3rd Party-focused).

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i know it is a limited edition thing but do you think many stores would have the Evangelion MP-10 figure around? How much do you think it would be on average?
    Rare but available in some stores.
    Ranges in price from HK$3000 up and I've seen it in a few places. Hobbybase had him for HK$2999 when I was there yesterday.

So I'm lucky enough to be off to Tokyo for the World Cup in October. Just wondering if anyone has been recently, whether the suggested locations in this thread are still current and if there is anything else cool worth looking into. Thanks.