Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime S01E19 Rock Bottom

Default Transformers Prime S01E19 Rock Bottom

Alrighty, let's discuss!

Probably one of the better episodes so far (apart from Miko, bloody hell I hate her voice!).

/Spoilers
    Episode starts off pretty slow, with Miko annoying everybody (as usual, why do they even BRING here on expeditions??). The kids were waiting for a rock concert to begin in the middle of the desert? Huh, alright...

Luckily, the episode picks up.
    Autobots trace a feint energon signal inside a cave conveniently next to where the kids are.
    Everybody (Miko, Jack, Bulkhead + Arcee) go and explore the cave. Oh, and they split into two groups....

Megatron + Starscream turn up and go inside the cave.
    Blah blah blahh....

Megatron is about to kill Starscream as the cave turned out to be SS' secret energon mine and Megs knows that SS has been trying to rid of him.
    (Megatron has a monologue... JUST KILL HIM!)
    Bam! Jack walks in. 'Oh noes!' says Jack as Megatron fires at him. A fight ensues between Arcee and Megatron, causing a cave in. In the confusion SS escapes.

Everyone gets trapped, SS was close to the surface and escapes then has a hero moment. He returns to save Megs so that he gets the glory from it.

Pretty much Jack gets on a driller and searches for everyone and comes across Megatron; he gives him an opportunity to take him out. 'It's not my fight'.
    Starscream finds Bulkhead + Miko. Bulkhead is holding up the roof of the cave and his legs begin to buckle.
    SS is monologuing like a moron.

Now, I don't know if you've ever seen The Incredibles but nothing good happens when the bad guy monologues. This is further shown here.

Arcee walks in as SS is coming to a close of his monologue. 'Put your hands up'. Next thing SS is holding up the cave as the 'Bots escape.

'Bots discuss whether letting Megatron live was the right thing to do (ie, it's Optimus' fight).

Megatron (still in the caves) comes across SS holding up the roof, SS begs for forgiveness.
    Finally a face zoom occurs and the episode ends.

This episode was actually pretty decent. Much better than several of the others.

The bad side? Basically the whole situation was once again Miko's fault

Writers must be retarded to continue to persist on her. It's yet again another form of Jar Jar or Scrappy doo.

On the plus side, Prime's Arcee is pretty kickass - what BW Airazor should have been.
    I'm repurposing her as Odieverse Chromia when she comes out in plastic form.

Not sure if I missed an episode, but when did jack learned to maneuver that driller? I thought those were cybertronian machines.
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

I didn't mind the epsiode. Definitely one of the better ones. I probably enjoyed it more because my expectations were extremely low after reading the episode summary "The Autobots, Jack and Miko find themselves trapped inside a cave".

Quote Originally Posted by Wheel-J View Post
    Not sure if I missed an episode, but when did jack learned to maneuver that driller? I thought those were cybertronian machines.
    I was thinking the same thing but it's about as plausible as Raph being able to understand Bumblebee
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

The kids are savants, except for Miko, who is just annoying
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The bad side? Basically the whole situation was once again Miko's fault
    This was a strong episode. I think it's bad that the show has taken a long time to find it's feet.

What I disagree with is that the situation was that it was all Miko's fault.

Yes she ran into what was an abandoned mine but the Autobot's didn't know what was going to happen. Miko did not cause the cave in and remember that Arcee was confident enough to let Jack go in with her (Arcee.) "Rock Bottom", should at least foreshadow change in Miko to become less impulsive if she doesn't and next episode has her running into caves, or sneaking off into ground bridges then that's bad writing and the fault of the creative team. As for Jack using the drill? I'm going to assume that the bot's have been teaching them about their OS and interfaces.

Besides if she was responsible and the Autobots had left then the other thing would have happened and the episode would be over far earlier than expected

sad when this is the best Prime has to offer, hopefully they build on the positive steps made in this ep.

i have to admit that i've been enjoying the script and directing of the Prime series. I've enjoyed them more than the previous series and movie (except G1 and animated) , lots of character building and its not cheesy. The plot was solid.

I cant really Discount Miko's involvement in the episode. Given the time she spent on the camera, i'd say this is one of her finest because she spends more time on the plot and less time being annoying. The scene where;
    - Miko tries to help bulkhead out of the rut he's in by moving the rocks one by one). and,
    - Starscream dialogues as he chases Miko around bulkheads feet and talks about playing with robots.

really highlights that Miko is just a kid - and so I'm not too bitter that she got the crew in that mess. I give this episode a 4/5
    "I was expecting a giant car."

[COLOR="STUFF FOR SALE [/B][/COLOR]

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

Hmmm its been 19 episodes and I still dont see a general direction , continous sublying storywise on where the writers want this series will go.... sad coz when Hasbro decides to puul the plug (they've got tradition to uphold) again this will end up as just one scatterbrained directionless looking series. Wonder when will things start to pick up....ho hum...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]