Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to show off my new KO friends

Default Time to show off my new KO friends

Hope im posting in the right spot but thought it might be fun to post pics of our NOT TF figures we have in our collections.

Here are three of my new NOT Classics figures. Deepcover (Classics version of the ehobby G1 car

And My Sunstorm and That Purple seeker from G1

My Real Seeker Army with the two KO friends

So if you all have any cool not TFs on your collection feel free to show them off

Just noticed that Deepcovers Arms are put on backwards. Guess that will be an easy fix. Still cool though

Default my gear.

MY august KO Haul..... sharing hear since the August acquisitions thread wont tolerate KO's it seems.

Im a mad seeker fan.. to me you can never have enough seeker repaints.
    these are actually better quality than i excpected(mostly) but each have there own faults.

These Purple Seekers are amazing... the quality floored me and they are even better than my hasbro dirge.

SS is by far the worst which is a shame since that means Im gonna have to pay aftermarket prices to buy the authentic which i was hoping to avoid.

WANTS
    BotCon Dreadwind. Classics Mirage.[B]

Decepticon Guest

Wow! They are so good. Where do we get these from?

Weird, there are so many customs and third party items shown in the august acquisitions, that I didn't think it mattered.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Wow! They are so good. Where do we get these from?
    They are made by CHMS and are found at various places on the internet... KOToys most prominantly. for KO's they arent cheap, but on the flip side theyre mostly alright quality.... My SS is pretty much a write off.... the others can stay! took some more pics just now before the sun went away.

Sunstorm chilling with skywarp and thundercracker

Generic troop build decepticon air warriors! love these guys!

Im yet to find convincing names for the rainmakers.... Acid storm kinda works for the green but since "sunstorm" isnt a rainmaker i fins the whole storm naming a bit redundant.

Blue... Cobolt? Ice Storm? Hydrastorm?

Yellow isnt sunstorm, thats been well established but in keeping with the storm precedent established by Acid Storm im going with Yellow = Vapor Storm

Rainmakers Group shot

KO Seekers group shot

WANTS

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Weird, there are so many customs and third party items shown in the august acquisitions, that I didn't think it mattered.
    Well, this is (just) a Transformers (r) forum, not a 'transformable toys' forum or a 'Transformers themed' forum, it is a Hasbro/Takara/etc Transformers forum... so anything that isn't officially a Transformers-branded toy shouldn't be on the Transformers part of the forum. Third party toys and KOs shouldn't be in the Transformers sections of the board (which includes the *TFs* acquisitions section), but it sometimes it takes too much effort to move posts or chase up people to edit their posts if something non-TF is included.
    I created this section for 'convertible toys that are based on existing characters or toys' to accommodate the growing number of unauthorised "homage" toys... plus there are several "other toys" sections at the bottom of the main table to cover everything else. I don't see why toys that aren't (officially branded) Transformers need to be included in the Transformers sections if there are now specific sections for them.
    When the first few 3rd party items were being produced, we had a lot of members, not just new fans, assuming they were actual Transformers products, causing a lot of confusion. That's why those are kept out of the Transformers sections.
    Counterfeit toys are kept off the Transformers sections to minimise the promotion of them, as the accurate reproductions end up hurting more collectors than they help, as dealers love to pass them off as the real thing if they can.
    Custom figures don't usually show up much in the acquisitions topic, so aren't as much of a problem. And if they do get posted there, they would either be obvious, or are noted as a custom figure. (but usually gets posted in the Creative section though)

And as per the Board's rules, if a member is wanting to find out how to get a particular counterfeit toy, contact the person privately... don't ask for public posting about where to buy a fake/pirated Transformers toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Well, this is (just) a Transformers (r) forum, not a 'transformable toys' forum or a 'Transformers themed' forum, it is a Hasbro/Takara/etc Transformers forum... so anything that isn't officially a Transformers-branded toy shouldn't be on the Transformers part of the forum. Third party toys and KOs shouldn't be in the Transformers sections of the board (which includes the *TFs* acquisitions section), but it sometimes it takes too much effort to move posts or chase up people to edit their posts if something non-TF is included.
    I created this section for 'convertible toys that are based on existing characters or toys' to accommodate the growing number of unauthorised "homage" toys... plus there are several "other toys" sections at the bottom of the main table to cover everything else. I don't see why toys that aren't (officially branded) Transformers need to be included in the Transformers sections if there are now specific sections for them.
    When the first few 3rd party items were being produced, we had a lot of members, not just new fans, assuming they were actual Transformers products, causing a lot of confusion. That's why those are kept out of the Transformers sections.
    Counterfeit toys are kept off the Transformers sections to minimise the promotion of them, as the accurate reproductions end up hurting more collectors than they help, as dealers love to pass them off as the real thing if they can.
    Custom figures don't usually show up much in the acquisitions topic, so aren't as much of a problem. And if they do get posted there, they would either be obvious, or are noted as a custom figure. (but usually gets posted in the Creative section though)

And as per the Board's rules, if a member is wanting to find out how to get a particular counterfeit toy, contact the person privately... don't ask for public posting about where to buy a fake/pirated Transformers toy.
    thats all fair enough really.... i mean the stance on KO's especially should pretty much go without saying. I'm a fan of them in the sense they provided other options that may not be available to me so theres a choice there but I often forget since im a "classics" guy that all you Geewuners have to be constantly vigilant of getting ripped off with fakes... I guess I just assume most folks are aware of things to a similar level i am and can make their own decisions... I figured everyone knew about CHMS and by simply showing what i got it wouldnt be seen as promoting since it was general knowledge of there existance anyway.

Unothorized products Im obviously much more lax on personaly... Ive loved TF's since i was 5 but have only started buying the toys in the last year, its a nostalgia thing for me and classics all the way.... sometimes HasTak leave things out since there primary goal isnt to tend to my every nostalgic whim and fortunatly other smaller outfits are prepared to cater to my "needs"... yes its in a grey area but since they dont use trademarks, patented moldings or direct IP violation as far as Im concerned these are legit organizations filling a very niche market and theres no problem with it.
    WANTS

I don't mind the deepcover and the purple air warrior, but those rain makers and suns storm look hideous !

I have to get a set of Rainmakers in all the day glow glory. and the black SS repaint one too. That purple one looks great when you have more than one