Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Senility

I generally know what I have with Transformers, so the only time I get doubles is if I want doubles OR I see something locally just after importing it and the import hasn't yet arrived.

Hot Wheels on the other hand - I get doubles and triples ALL the time as I can never remember what I have when I see a new case.

I did that twice this year at BotCon - buying something I already had, or had in transit (which meant I had only just recently bought it, so should have remembered it ).

I haven't bought doubles of toys at least accidentally anyway.... but i have done this with my spiderman comics a few times now, i look at the cover and think oh i don't have this one but i actually do so nowadays i keep a list on me at all time.
    Although i still manage to double up sometimes with the newer comics as my list is only for the vintage stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    I haven't bought doubles of toys at least accidentally anyway.... but i have done this with my spiderman comics a few times now, i look at the cover and think oh i don't have this one but i actually do so nowadays i keep a list on me at all time.
    Although i still manage to double up sometimes with the newer comics as my list is only for the vintage stuff.
    I've done the same with Phantom Comics, left it for a couple months, gone in and bought a bunch, get home and there's an overlap in what I bought and already have. Now I keep a note on my phone with the latest issue number that I need to start picking up from.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Sounds like you have toys in the attic and some of them are broken!!
    Best hand over the keys to your collection
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I don't really forget things. My memory went a bit loopy after a head injury earlier this year but it seems to be correcting itself now.

I always forget if its the clear or black ehobby hot rod that I have but apart from that I don't have any real difficulty remembering what I have in my collection.
    Although I have come close to doubling up on some of the movie legends toys, most of the repaints are so similar its easy to forget what you have
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

I'm a bit like Jay, I document all my tfs in a spreadsheet so I don't usually have this problem. :/ I also keep a "wants list" and "ordered list" updated on my phone so I can check while I'm out. Also I can get worried if something on my ordered list isn't turning up in the mail, or CROSS IT OUT when it does arrive - it's so satisfying!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    "Good news everyone! I have doubles of my Generations toys!"

I'm too lazy to keep track of everything, I suppose I should. I can always look on the bright side, I'll have plenty of sealed doubles to sell later on down the track

bowspearer Guest

Not so much buying but with stuff in transit- several times I'll forget what I hve in transit, only to have a package turn up, open it up and go "Oh yeah, that's right, forgot that was coming".