Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Binaltech

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Well that's what I've seen them go for. I thought it was a rip-off when it was $120 - it's the worst BT mold and it's quite heavy too, even though not all of the body is diecast.
    I wouldn't say it's the worst BT mold but it's pretty bad. The AT OP toy was pretty boring and the chest plate looks very transparent if you display it with lights on top or behind the bot mode. The lovely paint job on Kiss Convoy made a huge difference and turned it into a lovely display piece. BT17 is simply crazy. I would say it actually has too much diecast content. They really over did it with this one, and it'd be interesting if BT22 will have the same diecast content again.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post

I would say AT Nemesis Prime actually has more interesting colour in both bot mode and car mode. However, the overall paint job and car like finish, along with the diecast content still make me like the BT17 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I wouldn't say it's the worst BT mold but it's pretty bad. The AT OP toy was pretty boring and the chest plate looks very transparent if you display it with lights on top or behind the bot mode. The lovely paint job on Kiss Convoy made a huge difference and turned it into a lovely display piece. BT17 is simply crazy. I would say it actually has too much diecast content. They really over did it with this one, and it'd be interesting if BT22 will have the same diecast content again.
    But Alternators Prime isn't a BT :P If you're going to count Alts then Rumble takes first place for worst mold easily.

Yep, they got it right with Kiss Pla - plastic molds with enamel paints.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Screw the rest of the Binaltechs - This is what you need! (Now that I've figured out how to use the link button, I luv it! )

BT shipped from Japan at cost would work out around $65-70 back in the day, depending on the exchanges rates at the time.

Funny that Smokescreen fetchs a high price, since he was produced twice.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

oh yeah... i realise there were two of smokescreen which looks identical... Whats the deal with that?

Actually, i think there's 4 variations, 2 moulds all up.. the Wikipedia page explains it all.

I always forget which one is the most rare! As long as my BT01 No.8 is snug on my shelf, it doesn't bother me
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 20th May 2008 at 12:40 AM.

Man, those "cheaper" links are not cheap at all.

I'll get the No.1 version of BT07... one day...