Thread: TFCon-STRONGHOLD Review

Default TFCon-STRONGHOLD Review

So yesterday i recieved this in the mail.

and today thanks to some Citadel Mithril Silver and some sticker applications i have this.

this was the first ever time ive put paint to a transformer(although i used to be a GW hobbyist) and i may now be struck with the "custom" bug as a result.

I applied the silver paint over all the green paint apps on the base onslaught fig, Ive also seen great results from other colours painted over the green or alternatively using rubbing alcohol to strip the green off leaving the base grey plastic.....

Having just finnished watching Headmasters for the first time a week ago i can honestly say nothing is more fun to me right now that yelling "head on!" whilst transforming this guy

Plastics solid on the upgrade parts and colour matched perfectly to onslaughts, considering this is just a repaint of the Hothead kit Headrobots released without any new tooling i think it works wonders turning Decepticon Onslaught into Autobot Cerebros/Fortress.

certainly a great upgrade kit if you dont mind a bit of work to get the most out of it(the green on onslaught HAS to go or be covered up, no way around it) and it doesnt really look like fortress at all but somehow it still works for me.
    WANTS
    BotCon Dreadwind. Classics Mirage.[B]

I have Hothead. This guy is pretty cool but I can't justify his price for a repaint of a figure I already have.

Plus I would have to also get the Hasbro Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have Hothead. This guy is pretty cool but I can't justify his price for a repaint of a figure I already have.

Plus I would have to also get the Hasbro Onslaught.
    Robot kingdom have them on pre-order for just under $60... Not a bargain but pretty good for a con exclusive... The hasbro onslaughts pretty cheap for it's size... MISB it's doable for $50 off eBay and if you wait on a loose one in an auction could probably get it $35ish shipped..... I have the BBTS variant hothead in my POL and am now even more antsy to ship my haul off.
    WANTS
    BotCon Dreadwind. Classics Mirage.[B]

Quote Originally Posted by mentok27 View Post
    it doesnt really look like fortress at all but somehow it still works for me.
    mobile fortress? :P

I do see a kind of amalgamation of Cerebros and Fortress Maximus once the stickers are added but the tribute is indeed a bit forced.