Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member Saying Hi

Default New Member Saying Hi

Greetings all

I found this community a couple of weeks ago and I figured it was about time I got my tailpipe into gear and decide to join some fellow TF fans in Australia

A little about me, I'm 28 and have been a transformers fan since I was very young. Growing up in the G1 era finds me with a real soft spot for the characters and toys of that day, but to tell the truth I've love seeing how the brand and the characters have evolved over the years, through Beast Wars, Unicron Arc, Animated and lately the modern TF movies and Prime series (especially since I dabble in 3D art myself)

I've been collecting TF's on and off over the years since I was a kid, spanning from my G1 toys (many of which are well loved from years of play) through to Generations and Dark of the Moon figures. I'm currently in the process of cataloging my whole collection (mainly so I know myself just what I have!!) and I hope to get some photos up here soon so they get to been seen. Its by no means a complete collection, but one which I enjoy getting pieces for.

Looking forward to becoming a part of this great community!

G'day and welcome to the boards.

Look forward to seeing pictures of your collection, we all enjoy looking at others collections.

Another Western Sydney fan, very cool. There is a Collectables Fair in Parramatta Town Hall this Sunday if you were free to come along. Most of us Syndey folk will be there so can't miss us lol.

Who's your favourite character?

Welcome to the Forums !

welcome to the boards Zeratron!

as you've probably noticed, there's lots of tf goodness to sink your teeth into here...

janda

Thanks for the warm welcomes all

@1AZRAEL1. I've heard about the Collectables Fair in Parra before, unfortunately I'm not free to get there this weekend, But I will probably keep a closer eye on it in the future

Favorite character... that's a hard one. If it was based off toys, I'd have to say Sixshot. But overall I think it would be safe to say my favorite would be Hot Rod (or is it Rodimus these days...)

Welcome! I can't wait to see your collection, my own is quite small so I enjoy looking at the collections of others. I'm also jealous that you have many of your childhood toys, I only have one little tiny Ratchet from my childhood. And I'm pleased to see another Hot Rod fan around. Have you invested in the MP Rodimus from TRU?

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Welcome! I can't wait to see your collection, my own is quite small so I enjoy looking at the collections of others. I'm also jealous that you have many of your childhood toys, I only have one little tiny Ratchet from my childhood. And I'm pleased to see another Hot Rod fan around. Have you invested in the MP Rodimus from TRU?
    Thanks jena. Yes I acquired MP Rodimus last week, he was quite high on the wanted list since I heard he was getting released.

Oh and I don't know if jealousy is the right word for some of my old TF's, if you saw the state a couple of them (my old Hot Rod for one) are in you'd want to hold a funeral!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeratron View Post
    @1AZRAEL1. I've heard about the Collectables Fair in Parra before, unfortunately I'm not free to get there this weekend, But I will probably keep a closer eye on it in the future

Favorite character... that's a hard one. If it was based off toys, I'd have to say Sixshot. But overall I think it would be safe to say my favorite would be Hot Rod (or is it Rodimus these days...)
    Yea the Collectables Fair is every 3 months anyway, so I'm sure you will find out when the next one is.

Ah Sixshot, he is a great figure indeed. And he will always be called Hot Rod in my books

Oh and I don't know if jealousy is the right word for some of my old TF's, if you saw the state a couple of them (my old Hot Rod for one) are in you'd want to hold a funeral!!
    Ah that just says he was well loved My old Hot Rod figure is in bad shape as well, but I still have him somewhere.

Hello! MAbuhay and welcome to the forum! Yay another westie sydneysider!. Shame you'll miss this Parra Sunday fair, mebbe next one ei? Definitely nice to meet new fellow Ozformers after the fair.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thanks jena. Yes I acquired MP Rodimus last week, he was quite high on the wanted list since I heard he was getting released.

I've got one coming my way via one of the awesome members of this forum, I cannot wait to get him.

They're vintage! And they all have a story to tell. I can remember playing with mine in the sandpit and all sorts of places. Poor things. At least your parents bought you a Hot Rod, I never had a Hot Rod!