Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knock Off G1 accurate Astrotrain and Blitzwing released (more on the way)

Whoopy is right Arcee, you shouldn't stop collecting G1s. Just be very careful and you have the forum to help you in detecting the fakes before you buy. Only a couple so far has been KOed anyways... the lots of toys from the line that haven't been as of yet - UltraMagnus, Hotrod, Kup, Blurr, Galvatron, Deluxe Insecticons, Headmasters, Targetmasters, micromasters.... quite a lot still so getting G1 is still feasible and doable especially if your not after boxed or sealed ones, for sealed or boxed ones just keep track of the ones already KO'd and best to go for the Takara booktype release or ask forum members and check it on that website for Highend KOs hehehe

I for one have seen the KOs in the flesh(plastic) when I was in Phils, while the look is quite similar, there's a certain "lightness" (albeit minimal) to the feel and touch of the plastic - I had a look at a KO Sharkticon... tempting for army building , but the price is as much as an original, so nope.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So basically, Transformers is the only toy or action figure line that has pirated PACKAGED figures, designed to pass off as the real thing to the untrained eye?
    No I do vividly remember recieving multiple KO ninja turtles figures in (admittedly poor) repro packaging back in the 90's. I still have donatello!

They didn't fool the kids because they never could replicate the rubbery plastic on the figures properly but they certainly fooled undiscerning adults. However the brown weapons/accessories and black rubber belts were almost perfect reproductions!

I think transformers are the most lucrative toyline for KO manufacturers given the huge market and ease of reproduction.

I would have thought Star Wars would have a bigger fan base

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I would have thought Star Wars would have a bigger fan base
    I thought so too, but with all the figures for the toyline being "out there" (no unmade character ehrm animated Omega Supreme) and easy to get (not shortpacked like TFs) I guess it is more lucrative to do TFs.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]