View Poll Results: Kre-O TFs wave 1 - worth buying?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • All yes

5 11.63%
  • Yes, but only if...

14 32.56%
  • Some sets only

11 25.58%
  • Not worth buying

6 13.95%
  • Not interested

7 16.28%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Kre-O Wave 1

I picked up Jazz and Mirage.
    I haven't even opened them and have recognised inconsistencies in he packaging.
    There guys are the same 'class' and have the same sized boxes, why does one of them have those stick circles on all openings while the other one only has it on the top? O_o

Will post an in depth if I can find digital camera!

Jazz is the movie version? Not g1/classics?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Jazz is the movie version? Not g1/classics?
    I think it's supposed to be G1 but it's silver not white n

I got all 12 Kre-O sets and starting to make some randomly.

Made Jazz and echo people's sentiments.

Now onto, Optimus Prime (small one)

The rear wheels are placed way too close to each other.

Also due to the plastic tooling, where you push the wheel in, on one side only, you have difficulties removing the wheel. I had to use pliers to squeeze pop out axle and pull the rim off.

I ended up shaving the axle so the rim comes out easily.

Not kind of the way you want to be exposed to Kre-O

I grew up with Lego as a young boy and I can tell that it is not Lego quality. It is a bit cheaper.

It is scary how other companies are allowed to make fake Lego now!
    I'm walking away from Transformers. Check out my sales thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...089#post314089

First off, these are for you Hursty. As a tease Of what may potentially come :P
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Okey dokey, where to start. These guys in their boxes are pretty tiny. Well, a lot smaller than what I thought they would have been (I was under the impression the boxes were a lot larger, the basic Optimus and BB boxes are considerably smaller than this also).

Upon opening the boxes, the insides were pretty secure mainly because the instructions are too big for the box and actually compressed everything.

Oh yes, the instructions are upside down and the stickers were in different locations within the box (as in different layers).
    Here are a couple of photos of the bags in the boxes and then inside the even bigger box which I took these photos within XD I didn't touch these inside the box, I grabbed photos first.

I started with Mirage and this was where my initial annoyances began.
    Now, I may just be comparing these to lego but the holes inside of the studs really really annoy me. They are so randomly placed and don't really fit in.

As you can see here, two of the same piece. Though the hole is on different sides... :/
    Another thing that I found quite interesting to note is that the actual stud length seems to be a miniscule too short, the pieces don't feel so secure connecting. I confirmed this by attaching some pieces to lego bricks.

With lego on the bottom, everything was perfect but the other way around wasn't so secure...

Check out this hilarious piece! It's two 1x1 flat pieces on top of one another

Mirage minifigure. I don't seem to have the same QC problems everyone else is having, this minifigure is saaa-weeeeeeetttt!

One of the things that I realised was the ingenuity of piece placements. In this pic for example there is a closed hinge which seems out of place (there is actually one underneath the axle piece, I deleted the photo because it was even worse than this one), however...

Upon placing the next piece, it creates a nice bit of detailing which actually looks quite good on the final F1 car.

:3 1x1 slopes!

More ingenious applications to incorporate as many pieces as possible into both modes.

Good use of hinges here, I just liked this step because it wasn't as halfassed as the first hinge you place on (which is sideways and hangs off thebase of the car...).

Completed vehicle mode! I didn't apply stickers because too be honest, I just don't want to yet :P
    Note the extra pieces, Mirage doesn't have any redundant pieces but there are still a few in vehicle mode (pretty much all the balljoints of the robot mode...).

Disassembled, ready to start the robot mode!

Mister Peng-wennnn

Yeah... No. Also, extra pieces.
    Now, onto Jazz. Upon cracking this baby open and tipping out all of the pieces I noticed something which is highly annoying and unavoidable...

Ah well...
    Having learned from the monstrosity that is the Mirage robot mode I decided to kick this one off as a robot so that I didn't have to pull it apart twice.

While this one is a lot better than Mirage, it doesn't do a thing for me (although it would look stacks better with the stickers actually applied).

Extra pieces.

Completed vehicle mode + extra pieces (all the joints again).

You're probably wondering what happened to these guys.
    Well, I didn't like them so I decided to melt them.
    I actually recorded it and have uploaded it to youtube just to entertain and annoy some people.

Overall, I really love the engineering behind these vehicle modes. Paying the $16 each for these vehicles is worthwhile to me, whether or not you feel the same is completely up to you. I can totally see the robot modes appealing to little kids, they don't do anything for me though.

The plastic quality is actually quite good, obviously not lego quality but it is the closest I've ever felt. It laughs at megabloks. I would recommend them and may be picking up more when there are more sales
    Last edited by KillinSpoon; 4th September 2011 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    You're probably wondering what happened to these guys.
    Well, I didn't like them so I decided to melt them.
    I actually recorded it and have uploaded it to youtube just to entertain and annoy some people.
    Youtube ads man, really killing the lawls

Good review K-Spoon. I'm quite tempted to get some, not for the god awful designs mind you, but for some of those unique parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Youtube ads man, really killing the lawls

Good review K-Spoon. I'm quite tempted to get some, not for the god awful designs mind you, but for some of those unique parts.
    I'll bring mine to show you?
    The vehicles are great, I really like the designs. The only god awful part about them is the robots.
    While I was playing with them for the first time I was describing it to GP, I tried to relay as much of that rage/praise as I could into the above post without going too long :/
    That, and I would be repeating myself lots.

The plastic on Jazz really kills him for me, but I like him without the stickers as he looks like a protoype 911 with a muscle car front end. I don't think the stickers will match and will ruin this. Seriously though, every single silver brick has that problem... I'll take a few more photos of it up close just to show how bad it is.

Here you go;

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hmm, I'm not aware of any QC problems with the Mirage Kreon mini-figure. What is it, so I can add it to my thread at another board on errors? (which I think I'm the only one who cares about, heh)

BTW, had it confirmed that all Ratchet Kreons have the problem with the eyes and helmet not lining up.

Easy solution though: Put a tiny tab of paper in the helmet. This elevates the helmet just enough to line everything up so the full eyes are visible, and it still clicks firmly into place.

I didn't worry about attempting to fix the humans, because.....who cares?

I encountered one new error, which is just one of those things. My big 'Bee had two of the same side bonnet, not a left and right. No problem though, BBTS is taking care of me.

I only have Sentinel Prime, small Optimus, and Jazz left to go, I'll get around to them sometime. Took all the Kreons out, of course, working out how I want to display them for now.

I ended up making Starscream in jet form. He and Optimus were the only two I've done that with. All the others are in robot mode.

Starscream looks pretty damn fantastic in jet mode, especially considering he's made of bricks. Very impressive.

My warning still stands: the big Optimus set is a bitch, and even when completed, doesn't like to stay together (that damn trailer). But it's not a huge deal, as I only bought them all initially for the mini-figures anyway.

Oh, and be careful to line up the face with the helmet before clicking it in place. Some are near impossible to remove/move once on. You'd think they were glued on!

Default Question re JAZZ

With Jazz, all the stickers are applied except for one remaining on the sticker sheet

Does anyone have any idea what that is for?
    I'm walking away from Transformers. Check out my sales thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...089#post314089