Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: other half & transformers

Well I'm chronically single but I hope that the TF obsession is not to blame (otherwise, sob, so long TFs!). But I think I would end up with someone who had either one or two TF toys or watched the show as a kid, since most guys did. And I would have no issue with a Star Wars/Star Trek/BSG/Dr Who/MOTU/etc geek.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Man - From the sounds of things, I'm pretty lucky...My gf is really great about it! She probably doesn't understand the TF thing, but she has her own hobbies so she gets it in general! (Besides, I don't just collect TFs and she quite likes the other figures I have)

She goes toy hunting with me and for me. She's spent ages secretly tracking down figures as presents for me over the years too! She's great!

And to top it off, she also went and saw the movie 3 times with me last year... not bad for someone who's not really a fan of either TFs or Michael Bay

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    doesnt like, but deals with it
    Better than Magnus then.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    usually when weeks of stuff arrives all at once, like after the Parra fair...
    A couple of years ago, There was this one week when something like 3 packages arrived (it was a total coincidence) & by the time the 3rd one showed up, An extremely angry threat was made to completely destroy it...

The very next day, I went & got me a Post Office Box and since then every TF purchase I've made has been sent to it (Even though that particular Ex has long been shown the door ).

My Wife is great about my hobby... when she worked in retail she would look out for the latest assortments and occasionly bring something home she knew I wanted. She was very against me selling my collection, especially my Alternators (sadly it needed to happen). Even now, while we stuggle financially she doesn't begrudge me the occasional purchase. She knows I won't go overboard.

My ex used to play with my transformers, she even made sound effects sometimes haha

Alas, the break up had nothing to do with transformers.

My Partner is cool with my collection, she even gives them a go every once in a while, managed to transform Animated Bumblebee into his alt with out too much hassle, not bad for a TF noobie (I was having an awesome panic attack, as I do when she touches my TFs )

My girlfriend was kind of worried about it at first. She thought that I would pick them over her. She was right but....jk
    I had to explain that it was something to me. She is alright with it now. She doesn't like me spending so much money on Transformers and my other hobbies. I causally fix the problem by taking her out when I get some Transformers. It's a win-win-lose situations with the only loser being my wallet.....

TheDirtyDigger Guest

My woman had no idea why I liked them at first and thought I was some sort of freakish man-child (perish the thought).
    Her attitude has improved as she has learnt the value of them and, being a pretty materialistic person like she is, appreciated the decent sum of cash I have made from them.

my 3rd wife said "Its either me or Optimus Prime!!!"

suffice it to say, i chose Prime...and i stand by my decision

My girlfriend is fine with it, she buys clothes, I buy transformers and clothes occasionally. Wallet = empty. But she's great she even asked to keep one in her room. I gave her Alternators nemesis prime...I fear she has it to blackmail me if I do anything wrong

I also go clothes shopping with her, and there is always a Target or TRU somewhere so she comes with me