Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Complete Transformers toy Battery list

Yep... I don't think they've ever supplied batteries in the packaging that weren't in the toy.

Griffin, I'd like to add another to your list. The fourth, final and most epic of the G1 Optimus Primes is Star Convoy OP (1991) who requires 4 x AA batteries to operate his tank tracks. I very much doubt he came with batteries but I can personally confirm that the 2005 reissue definitely didn't come with them.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Griffin, I'd like to add another to your list. The fourth, final and most epic of the G1 Optimus Primes is Star Convoy OP (1991) who requires 4 x AA batteries to operate his tank tracks. I very much doubt he came with batteries but I can personally confirm that the 2005 reissue definitely didn't come with them.
    Well that's interesting... I haven't even got a section for JP exclusive Gen1 toys. I'll have to have a look through them all, and see if I missed any others.
    Thanks for that.

Well I guess it's that time of year again to think about what has batteries that came out this year. Only toy I bought that takes batteries that came out this year is MP36 Megatron and they are not installed. Even Trypticon didn't have a battery powered gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Well I guess it's that time of year again to think about what has batteries that came out this year. Only toy I bought that takes batteries that came out this year is MP36 Megatron and they are not installed. Even Trypticon didn't have a battery powered gimmick.
    Yeah... the list keeps getting shorter each year, either because of the cost of shipping heavier toys from Asia (with or without batteries), and because of tightening shipping restrictions that prevent most postal services from sending batteries in the mail anymore (which would impact on their own online sales, and online sales of their biggest customers like Amazon and Walmart).

The only ones I can think of on the top of my head at the moment are the voice changer helmet and masks.

Does that huge TLK dragonish looking TF that we are selling at Big W even have batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Does that huge TLK dragonish looking TF that we are selling at Big W even have batteries?
    It does, as it has that black light gimmick to it.

Looking at my toy shelves... the RC Sqweeks is another one, and I think the Cybertron planet does as well.
    Those Allspark Tech have those power cubes, but I think they are the battery that is charged... not enclosed batteries inside it.

Um... the Power Bank Optimus (HasCon exclusive) is another one... and the JP phone Optimus with the LED bluetooth must have a button cell as well.

And I'll have to look over the Masterpiece toys from this year, to see if any had light up features.

This is the list of Transformers toys released in 2017-2019 by Hasbro and TakaraTomy that have Electronics that require Batteries (both included, and not included, in the packaging).
    Please let me know if I missed any.

I kept putting off the 2017 update because it can take a while to work out all of the toys and what batteries they have, and then when it was time to do the 2018 update the non-stop board issues in the last year kept getting in the way.
    So to make up for it, I've also done the 2019 update, as we are close enough to the end of the year that we shouldn't be having any unknown toys that have electronics.
    Besides, there are only 3 items in 2019 with electronics, so it wasn't a big task. I think dropping electronics (by Hasbro) would be a cost-cutting measure, or part of their green focus... or both. Actually, there only ended up being one new toy by Hasbro for 2019 that had electronics, which was a Rescue Bots toy, so the electronics gimmicks might only end up being on the young kiddie toys in future.

These are to be added to the main listing at the start of this topic, which has a link to the reason why this listing was started (finding batteries leaking in my toys).

NOTE - as mentioned in the first posting, if you are keeping your toys sealed for investment reasons, DON'T open them to remove the batteries. The value is in the sealed packaging, not the condition of the toy, because it is never to be removed to be played with. If the next owner wants to open it up, then they need to expect battery leakage, which is not the fault of the original owner.

LEGEND:
    I = Batteries ARE Included in the toy from the factory
    NI = Batteries are NOT Included in the toy from the factory
    AA, AAA, C, D = Common Battery sizes
    LR44 = "regular" Button Cells used in Transformers toys are referred to as LR44 (image at link) but can also be known as A76 or L1154.
    LR41 = Tiny Button Cells

2017 update

Japanese Exclusive Gen1 items (in addition to the items above from 1985 and 1986)
    Dia Atlas (1990) - 4xAA - NI
    Star Convoy (1991) - 4xAA - NI

JP Reissues & Encore
    2005 Star Convoy - 4xAA NI

Masterpiece
    MP-36 Megatron v2 - 2xLR44 - NI
    MP-38 Convoy Beast Wars (toy deco) - 2xLR44 - NI

2017 TF5 The Last Knight (some items released in Japan unchanged)
    Voice Changer Helmet - Optimus Prime - 3xAA - NI
    Voice Changer Mask - Megatron - 3xAAA - I
    Voice Changer Mask - Bumblebee - 3xAAA - I
    Voice Changer Mask - Sqweeks - 3xAAA - I
    Mega 1-step Turbo Changer - Dragonstorm - 2xAAA - I
    Remote Control - Sqweeks - 2xAA & 4xAA - NI
    Allspark Tech - Optimus Prime - (USB battery) - not removable
    Allspark Tech - Shadow Spark Optimus Prime - (USB battery) - not removable
    Allspark Tech - Sqweeks - (USB battery) - not removable
    Mission to Cybertron - Cybertron Planet - 2xAA (NI) & 2xLR44 (I)
    HK Excl Voice Changer Helmet - Optimus Prime (chrome) - 3xAA - NI

Oddity Specials 2017-2020
    2017 HasCon - Powerbank Optimus Prime - (USB battery) - not removable
    2017 JP - au x Transformers - Infobar Optimus Nishikigoi (red) - 1xCR2032 (tiny button cell) - I?
    2017 JP - au x Transformers - Infobar Megatron Building - 1xCR2032 (tiny button cell) - I?
    2017 JP - au x Transformers - Infobar Bumblebee Ichimatsu - 1xCR2032 (tiny button cell) - I?
    2017 JP - au x Transformers - Infobar Optimus Annin (white redeco) - 1xCR2032 (tiny button cell) - I?
    2017 JP - au x Transformers - Infobar Optimus Nishikigoi (red - reissue without Bluetooth) - GUTTED

2018 update

2018 TF6 Bumblebee
    DJ Bumblebee - 3xAA - I
    Electronic Titan - Bumblebee - 1xAAA - I
    Voice Changer Mask - Bumblebee - 3xAAA - I
    Voice Changer Mask - Sqweeks - 3xAAA - I
    Studio Series Helmet - Bumblebee - 3xAA - NI
    JP Turbo Change - TC-09 Battle Command Optimus - 2xAAA NI
    JP Turbo Change - TC-13 Strongest Command Set - 2xAAA NI

Generations & Legends
    Legends - Grand Maximus - 2xAAA - NI

Masterpiece
    MP-41 Dinobot - 2xLR44 - NI
    MP-36+ Megatron v2 (toy deco) - 2xLR44 - NI
    MP-29+ Shockwave (toy deco) - 2xAAA & 2xLR44 - NI

JP Reissues & Encore
    Car Robots - God Fire Convoy - 2xAAA & 2xAAA - NI
    Beast Wars Returns - (Air Attack) Returns Convoy - 3xAAA - NI
    Micron Legend - Unicron of Light - 2xLR44 & 2xLR44 - NI

Oddity Specials 2017-2020
    2018 JP - G-Shock Optimus with Casio Watch - (battery in watch) - I

2019 update

Masterpiece
    MP-43 Megatron Beast Wars - 4xLR44 - NI
    MP-44 Convoy v3 - 3xLR44 - NI

Rescue Bots & Rescue Bots Academy
    RBA - Electronic Hotshot - 1xAA - I
    Last edited by griffin; 27th July 2020 at 05:44 PM.

Can anyone help me out on where the battery compartment (and activation switch) is on the BIG BIG TF Prime Predacon? I have no idea where the button is and also want to removed the batteries as I rotate my display.