Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chronicle Optimus & Megatron sets now out (& pics)

Default Chronicle Optimus & Megatron sets now out (& pics)

The cross-generational 2-packs of Leaders have been released by Tomy, and pics of each are showing up online, comparing them to previous versions.

Megatron

Optimus

Note that each comes with a fold out chart, with a timeline of the various Leaders over the last 27 years.

DOTM Megatron does looks better with the more uniform colour scheme, rather than the grey forearms, feet, etc.

Takara is actually ripping people of with the $100 price tag on a $40 voyager and probs a $30 un-painted cheap g1 reissue!

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Takara is actually ripping people of with the $100 price tag on a $40 voyager and probs a $30 un-painted cheap g1 reissue!
    fits with a $250 resize of MP-01 to MP-10 really
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Hmmmmm, without all the chrome, G1 Megs looks cheap.

It's a reissue of 1986's Goodbye Megatron.

http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com...oodbye_31.html
    http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com...bye-shots.html
    http://www.vega.or.jp/~butto/tftcolleg1-19.htm <--scroll down

It even comes with an Old Skool Takara logo:
    http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com...ntry-1273.html <--scroll to middle

Only 1984 G1 Megatron had chrome. All other G1 Megatrons were chromeless and VSX and Goodbye Megatrons were gray.

bowspearer Guest

Tbh neither set is that appealing. I could be wrong, but it seems like th G1 stuff here is more like a bonus figure rather than an equal part of the 2-pack. Megatron loses desirability for me due to a stripping back of most of his gun mode accessories, whilst Prime not having his G1 trailer packed in as well feels like half a figure.

I was strongly considering tracking these down and offloading the DOTM figures, but now I think I'll just give these 2 a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Tbh neither set is that appealing. I could be wrong, but it seems like th G1 stuff here is more like a bonus figure rather than an equal part of the 2-pack. Megatron loses desirability for me due to a stripping back of most of his gun mode accessories, whilst Prime not having his G1 trailer packed in as well feels like half a figure.

I was strongly considering tracking these down and offloading the DOTM figures, but now I think I'll just give these 2 a miss.
    I was thinking the same thing in buying the pack and getting rid of the DOTM Megatron and keeping the G1 toy. And with the lack of accessories does not worry me either as it's the same items that came with the Takara 16 Megatron that I have.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing in buying the pack and getting rid of the DOTM Megatron and keeping the G1 toy. And with the lack of accessories does not worry me either as it's the same items that came with the Takara 16 Megatron that I have.
    The lack of accessories makes it more G1 accurate actually, because Goodbye Megatron never came with the sniper accessories. I don't think Goodbye Megatron even came with the scope/fusion cannon, did he? If so, then even just giving him that is over-accessorising him.

Remember folks - it's a reissue of Goodbye Megatron, not a reissue of regular G1 Megatron! (and regular G1 Megatron's already been reissued several times) Ah, you lucky WAers and your liberal toy-gun laws! Even though I have a NSW permit, if customs intercepts it I would have to take a day off work to collect the toy from their office with my permit. Gah! Having said that, I have no interest in getting this toy -- already have 2 different versions of G1 Megatron and DotM Voyager Megs -- not worth the hassle for a variant of a toy I already own. A reissue Browning on the other hand, I'd be willing to go through the hassle to get that!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's a reissue of 1986's Goodbye Megatron.
    Has that been stated anywhere or are you just assuming due to the lack of accessories and chrome?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]