Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 515202122232425

Thread: Does anyone else just not care anymore?

I have always loved transformers, I grew up watching re-runs of g1 and then beast wars when that started, but I didn't get into any sort of collecting till the movies.
    I am pretty specific with my collecting, I don't buy figures purely because of the movie brand, I only buy the figures that I believe are well engineered and actually represent the character on the screen.

and I've never really understood the reasoning behind getting multiples of the same toy and keeping them in storage, I still transform each and every one of my figures at least once or twice a week. they were designed and made to be played with!

I probably wont ever buy any figures from any other series, I probably wont even buy into the new movie franchise, the movies and their figures are a special art of my life that i don't think will ever change.

A while back on another forum I posted my thoughts on the evolution of the collector, specifically about my evolution on transformers collecting. I was always a fan of the cartoon G1. And then started collecting a little before the first movie but went bat$(&)@ Crazy after and collected many lines and figures only to skim back and be more focused.

I am winding down my collecting and will only get really well done or missing classics figures at this point. I sold off all my Animated line, Beast Wars line, and though I like the show, I'm not collecting any Prime figures even thiugh they seem quite good.

My interest hasnt faded as I love my collection and the more I widdle it down, the more I like the figures that are left as they are really the only ones I like.