Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Venturing into Beast Wars - what to start with first?

You will not be dissappointed Arcee, Show first as this is by far in away the best series in my opinion. This is the show that really reignited my collecting enthusiasm just when it was starting to wain, I can't speak highly enough of it. You may enjoy the show so much Verno might start taking all your money with his sales thread of BW figures

Paulbot: Thanks a lot for the DVDs! Rest assured that I'll take good care of them, feed them well, bath them clean, and make soft silk sleeping gowns for every single one of them. They'll love me so much they never want to leave me and go back to you any more

Thanks everyone for your unanimous advice on starting with the TV show. My mum's leaving next Tuesday and that will be when my treacherous adventure into the deep waters of BWs formally...BEGINS...

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    You will not be dissappointed Arcee, Show first as this is by far in away the best series in my opinion. This is the show that really reignited my collecting enthusiasm just when it was starting to wain, I can't speak highly enough of it. You may enjoy the show so much Verno might start taking all your money with his sales thread of BW figures
    hence the laughter in the corners of the thread...... you vicious, vicious seller
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hence the laughter in the corners of the thread...... you vicious, vicious seller
    That's right Verno; I'm at the edge of bankruptcy and Paulbot's contemplating on selling me his Skywarp at ebay price; so let's hope you'll do better than that .

I don't make people addicted. I simply feed it once it's started.

You may not feel the inclination to buy the toys anyway. Transformers isn't always just about the toys. My hope is that you'll find a great appreciation for the show (and comics if you eventually get to them. I quite like them) and then we can have in-depth discussion about *spoilers* what the rest of Megatron's message was or what the Tripredacus' real motives are for example.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    *Laughter from the shadows in the corner of the thread...*

Excellent, another one...
    Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    somehow Dr. Claw comes to mind
    Really? Damn. I was going more for a Tarantulas vibe. Maybe if I'd addded a 'Tehehehe...'
    Yep, like Goki I too got you straight away; the image of 8 green eyes emerging from the darkness had me chuckling also.

You may not feel the inclination to buy the toys anyway. Transformers isn't always just about the toys. My hope is that you'll find a great appreciation for the show (and comics if you eventually get to them. I quite like them) and then we can have in-depth discussion about *spoilers* what the rest of Megatron's message was or what the Tripredacus' real motives are for example.
    Hmm... Sounds to me the Council may need to call another session Verno, we may of found it's newest agent; wouldn't you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Hmm... Sounds to me the Council may need to call another session Verno, we may of found it's newest agent; wouldn't you say?
    Possibly. We'll see how they take to it.

I'm up for another discussion any time though. Like, what is a Spark in regards to *spoilers* the thing the Vok create and put inside Tigerhawk? Because we see Tigatron's and Airazor's trailing along behind. I thought Spark's were meant to come from the All Spark, which is Primus' domain, yet the Vok show control over it. You know, something like that.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

I can't promise anything, honestly; I had for a long time rejected making contact with anything BWs simply because I dislike the idea of cool TF metals shaped into organic animals...(bit like Sideswipe's "racism" against human in the movie comics).

But then almost EVERYONE here that I trust to have a good taste has been telling me how great the storyline is so there MUST BE some serious good stuff there. Yeah...so I thought I should be fair and at least give it a go, just for the story's sake if nothing else.

Curiosity is killing me

Possibly. We'll see how they take to it.

I'm up for another discussion any time though. Like, what is a Spark in regards to *spoilers* the thing the Vok create and put inside Tigerhawk? Because we see Tigatron's and Airazor's trailing along behind. I thought Spark's were meant to come from the All Spark, which is Primus' domain, yet the Vok show control over it. You know, something like that.
    Indeed, we'll have to wait and see but for the time being though; let us return to the shadows and assess the situation.

*I too am up for further Beast Wars discussion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    I can't promise anything, honestly; I had for a long time rejected making contact with anything BWs simply because I dislike the idea of cool TF metals shaped into organic animals...(bit like Sideswipe's "racism" against human in the movie comics).

But then almost EVERYONE here that I trust to have a good taste has been telling me how great the storyline is so there MUST BE some serious good stuff there. Yeah...so I thought I should be fair and at least give it a go, just for the story's sake if nothing else.

Curiosity is killing me
    If you're a G1 fan, you'll love the end of Season 2 and Season 3, as people have said earlier.

There's even a little treat early on in Season 1 that you will find once you're in... Possession... of the DVD's.