Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Henkei ever made Skywarp??

Default Has Henkei ever made Skywarp??

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    There are real Henkei Skywarps- but they were exclusives. There are a lot of kos of this mould around so beware. Research around and I'm sure there are resources that note the differences.

Looking at the box in the picture: on the upper right hand corner says "CHMS" which is a KO company that makes high quality knock-offs- most popular one being the seeker mould. So that is definitely a knock-off.

The real version would say "Takara Tomy" on it. However, there was an initial batch of KOs which have an identical box with TakaraTomy stamp on it.

Those are harder to tell from a sealed package, but I believe one of the key differences are the notches on the knee and shoulder deco (http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-the-ko/20180/) and the thrusters were off colour slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    There are real Henkei Skywarps- but they were exclusives. There are a lot of kos of this mould around so beware. Research around and I'm sure there are resources that note the differences.

Looking at the box in the picture: on the upper right hand corner says "CHMS" which is a KO company that makes high quality knock-offs- most popular one being the seeker mould. So that is definitely a knock-off.
    Daaaamn...

No wonder I thought that price doesn't look quite right if it's real...

CHMS...I've seen this brand quite often and now I know what it is...

Thanks a lot!

It might be cheaper for you just to find a Classics Skywarp. Unlike Gentei Skywarp, it was a regular retail store release (came in a 2 pack with Ultra Magnus) and it's actually better quality than Gentei Skywarp. Gentei Skywarp and Thundercracker suffer from mould degradation meaning their joints are loose and/or floppy, and the launchers don't fit in tightly into the holes either.

I sold my Classics Skywarp after getting Gentei Skywarp... kinda wish I hadn't (ah well). I picked up Generations Thundercracker and now my Gentei Thundercracker is in 'retirement' (i.e.: I've put him back in his card so now he's displayed on loose on card). If they ever did Generations Skywarp, I'd do the same.

Last time I saw a Classics Skywarp on sale at a collectors fair it was going for about $20. Mebbe you should check out the Sandowne Fair or whatever upcoming fairs there are in Melbourne... or ask the Melbourne gang if anyone has a spare Classics Skywarp they might be willing to offload to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It might be cheaper for you just to find a Classics Skywarp. Unlike Gentei Skywarp, it was a regular retail store release (came in a 2 pack with Ultra Magnus) and it's actually better quality than Gentei Skywarp. Gentei Skywarp and Thundercracker suffer from mould degradation meaning their joints are loose and/or floppy, and the launchers don't fit in tightly into the holes either.

I sold my Classics Skywarp after getting Gentei Skywarp... kinda wish I hadn't (ah well). I picked up Generations Thundercracker and now my Gentei Thundercracker is in 'retirement' (i.e.: I've put him back in his card so now he's displayed on loose on card). If they ever did Generations Skywarp, I'd do the same.

Last time I saw a Classics Skywarp on sale at a collectors fair it was going for about $20. Mebbe you should check out the Sandowne Fair or whatever upcoming fairs there are in Melbourne... or ask the Melbourne gang if anyone has a spare Classics Skywarp they might be willing to offload to you.
    Actually...I've been wanting that dual pack (Classic Skywarp & Ultra Magnus) for quite a while (as I want to make a Fanproject City Commander) but the prices on ebay are simply IMPOSSIBLE. And they are so rare to find...

Maybe I'll just wait...for a miracle.

Actually...I've been wanting that dual pack (Classic Skywarp & Ultra Magnus) for quite a while (as I want to make a Fanproject City Commander) but the prices on ebay are simply IMPOSSIBLE. And they are so rare to find...

Maybe I'll just wait...for a miracle.
    Be patient and regularly check the member's sales threads here, there are reasonable deals from time to time. I used to be in your position but I found an UM for reasonable price here.

Which seekers besides Skywarp are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Be patient and regularly check the member's sales threads here, there are reasonable deals from time to time. I used to be in your position but I found an UM for reasonable price here.

Which seekers besides Skywarp are you looking for?
    I have Starscream and am happy with my Hasbro Generations Thundercracker. I'm thinking I want Skywarp and Thrust; unsure about Ramjet. At the moment not at all into Dirge. But according to someone...and my own experience (seeing I started not into any seeker but then look at me now...) probably in the end I'll just want them all They are indeed a disease lol...

I have Starscream and am happy with my Hasbro Generations Thundercracker. I'm thinking I want Skywarp and Thrust; unsure about Ramjet. At the moment not at all into Dirge. But according to someone...and my own experience (seeing I started not into any seeker but then look at me now...) probably in the end I'll just want them all They are indeed a disease lol...
    Arcee, you are in the same boat as my when I first got into Transformers again. Originally, I just wanted the three seekers but then that grew to wanting the Seekers and Coneheads (I eventually got all of the seekers/coneheads including both Henkei and Classics Starscream and Thundercracker for a great price on ebay). Anyways, I don't regret buying the entire set as they are awesome

*Runs and plays with his Seekers*

all the generations seekers are really good and well, if you even have one - you need the trio.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    all the generations seekers are really good and well, if you even have one - you need the six.
    Fixed.