Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future Chronicle sets?

Like everyone else, the Shockwave set is the only one that interests me. I'll keep my excitement in check though until I see actual pics of the toy.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Yeah, I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt, because according to Snakas's post here, these images are just Character Introductions (i.e. "Let's compare more DotM characters with their G1 namesakes!") -- and NOT necessarily indicative of upcoming products.

It's only been on Western fan sites that rumours of a reissue Shockwave has emerged based on seeing these images and possibly not reading the text that explains what they're about. Having not seen the box or inserts for myself, I can't tell directly, but snakas doesn't state that this is indicative of any upcoming releases and says that rumours about a reissue Shockwave have been coming from Western fan sites... certainly not from him.

I think it's best to follow 5FDP's lead and hold onto our horses until we see more official confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt, because according to Snakas's post here, these images are just Character Introductions (i.e. "Let's compare more DotM characters with their G1 namesakes!") -- and NOT necessarily indicative of upcoming products.

It's only been on Western fan sites that rumours of a reissue Shockwave has emerged based on seeing these images and possibly not reading the text that explains what they're about. Having not seen the box or inserts for myself, I can't tell directly, but snakas doesn't state that this is indicative of any upcoming releases and says that rumours about a reissue Shockwave have been coming from Western fan sites... certainly not from him.

I think it's best to follow 5FDP's lead and hold onto our horses until we see more official confirmation.

I am hopefull for a shockwave, again, really the only set I'm interested in.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Me too. And as the only G1 character in that group that has never been reissued before, I'm certain a LOT of fans would be jump at the chance of getting a Chronicle Shockwave -- or better yet, Encore Shockwave (it'd be cheaper, and I really don't need another DotM Shockwave!).

But yeah, I just don't want people getting their hopes up over what's only rumours at this stage. Cos as far as I can tell, all TakaraTOMY have done with this flaps is just a basic G1/movie character comparison - pretty much in the same spirit as the G1/Movieverse toy comparison thread. I can't see anything that directly indicates or states that these comparisons are indicative of future products.

Does TakaraTomy own the mould for Shockwave?

That's a good question. Shockwave was based off ToyCo's Astro Magnum figure, but unlike other non-Takara G1 moulds, Shockwave WAS released in Japan by Takara... so either Takara acquired ToyCo or they managed to acquire the rights for Astro Magnum's mould.

So Takara must have had the mould at some stage. The fact that Takara have never reissued Shockwave before leads me to suspect that either:
    + Takara didn't own the mould but they were able to get ToyCo to manufacture the toy for them
    + Takara had the mould but it has since become lost or destroyed.

...so given that, I'm not gonna believe that there's gonna be any Shockwave reissue unless I see some evidence.

anyhoo...i'd be up for a group order for whateva lies ahead!

bowspearer Guest

I'm with Gok on this one. Considering how popular Shockwave is; it stands to reason that if he could have been reissued before this; he would have been. I'm completely open to being wrong on this and would love to be proven wrong on this, but I highly doubt I am.