Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: CHECK or REMOVE your old BATTERIES

damn now im worried about all the MISB animated and movie figures i have with electronics. Its kind of heart breaking thinking that if i dont open and remove the batteries, the toys could be ruined in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Thanks for that Tets. I saw those two screws there, but didn't think that was the battery cover, as all other battery covers only had one screw.
    Since it has the bigger batteries, I'll get to mine straight away. Like you, mine still makes the noise, but those bigger batteries leak faster than the button cells.
    No Probs. Interestingly, I bought that off ebay a couple of years ago MISB, so I would say that any that are still MISB are likely to have leaky batteries as well as the batteries I had were the factory ones too.

Definitely makes me look at MISB in a different light now.

But just out of curiosity, would it be okay to leave watch batteries inside toys or do they also leak/corrode like other batteries?
    They leak as well, I nabbed all the batteries out of my Cybertron toys and put them in a margarine container. Later on, I opened said container and found some rather skanky looking watch batteries.

This topic is the stuff of nightmares

It almost makes me want to open up all my MISB Transformers and remove their batteries... almost but not quite

I can't use most of the electronic gimmicks because they are MISB and if I ever went to sell them later, the buyer would be aware that there is a high probability that corrosion has occurred since the batteries haven't been removed.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I'm hoping someone here can help me out, my recently purchased 20th Anniversary Masterpiece Optimus Prime didn't come with instructions so I have no idea where the battery for the light up matrix is hidden. The light is weak so I'm assuming it has the original battery inside and I want to get it out.

Because my collection is small and I like to take my figures out from time to time I'm thinking of just replacing the batteries in my toys periodically so I can enjoy the lights and sounds. I like the lights and sounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

They leak as well, I nabbed all the batteries out of my Cybertron toys and put them in a margarine container. Later on, I opened said container and found some rather skanky looking watch batteries.
    That's just asking for trouble!!, batteries should be stored where there is no chance for them to mke a circuit or contact. An isolated battery will leak but not nearly as fast as a battery that is in contact with metal, other batteries or something that causes a flow of current.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I'm hoping someone here can help me out, my recently purchased 20th Anniversary Masterpiece Optimus Prime didn't come with instructions so I have no idea where the battery for the light up matrix is hidden. The light is weak so I'm assuming it has the original battery inside and I want to get it out.

Because my collection is small and I like to take my figures out from time to time I'm thinking of just replacing the batteries in my toys periodically so I can enjoy the lights and sounds. I like the lights and sounds!
    I'll have a look at my prime tonight and get back to you.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    This topic is the stuff of nightmares

It almost makes me want to open up all my MISB Transformers and remove their batteries... almost but not quite

I can't use most of the electronic gimmicks because they are MISB and if I ever went to sell them later, the buyer would be aware that there is a high probability that corrosion has occurred since the batteries haven't been removed.
    exactly what i was thinking...

kills me a little bit inside though to think about my toys degrading... but the alternative is opening them ( and thats never gonna happen... lol ).

janda

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post

Like April Fools day which has become 'Change the battery in your fire alarm day.'

Lets make November the 1st National Toy Battery change day!!

MP Ops Battery is in the little box that holds the matrix. It can be removed I believ but is a complete pain in the calacker. I think My instructions are nearby, so will scan a page if nobody has done so already.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's just asking for trouble!!, batteries should be stored where there is no chance for them to mke a circuit or contact. An isolated battery will leak but not nearly as fast as a battery that is in contact with metal, other batteries or something that causes a flow of current.
    Errr, Whoops There weren't that many, so about 10 or so, but thanks for the tip, I will devise something else then in future.

Exactly what I am not sure though

Lets make November the 1st National Toy Battery change day!!

MP Ops Battery is in the little box that holds the matrix. It can be removed I believ but is a complete pain in the calacker. I think My instructions are nearby, so will scan a page if nobody has done so already.
    I like that! November 1st it is!

Oh wow, thats an interesting place for it to be hidden. Thanks, I'll wait for your scan.

oops, I totally forgot to look

Errr, Whoops There weren't that many, so about 10 or so, but thanks for the tip, I will devise something else then in future.

Exactly what I am not sure though
    even if they are lined up so that they are all side by side that is fine, just as long as the contacts aren't touching.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Here are the scans of the instructions. The batteries are in the rear of the box that holds the LED for the Matrix.

You need to mess about with the Matrix box and pull it out a bit as you get to this step when changing from robot to vehicle mode.

There is a way to take the box out, but it's not in the instructions, and my MP1 & 4 are packed away somewhere, sadly I just don't have the time to mess about with them ATM. If I do, pics will come as I have to check the batteries in MP4 I guess.