Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Animated for you viewing pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I use torrents so I don't need it but I'll thank you for putting in so much effort for us.
    *gasp* you mentioned the forbidden word j/k

Yes well I've been primarily doing this for those of us who don't know about such forbidden methods... *Shifty eyes*

I'm going to the Post Office on Friday to send/recieve a bunch of stuff. If anyone wants a disc of the first 3 combined eps PM me with your address. Given that these are not out on DVD as of yet and are yet to be broadcast here (so we can record them anyway) I don't think it's a breach of copywrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I'm going to the Post Office on Friday to send/recieve a bunch of stuff. If anyone wants a disc of the first 3 combined eps PM me with your address. Given that these are not out on DVD as of yet and are yet to be broadcast here (so we can record them anyway) I don't think it's a breach of copywrite.
    actually it is -> http://www.wisegeek.com/is-it-legal-...sion-shows.htm but don't tell anyone

if you have read the article in the link above, it goes without saying that it is the very reason why the WGA has striked... similarly a place such as youtube trying to remove these uploads are like ebay removing KOs.

I guess however as long as it isn't for commercial gain, then distribute freely away Tiby?

EDIT again... this was post #2000 for me (had to worked backwards to find it)
    Last edited by Saintly; 9th January 2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: WGA = Writers Guild Association, kinda like the SAG (Screen Actors Guild)

Copywrite is ambiguous to say the least, although I stopped following it a few years ago when it became increasingly clear that there is no way of stopping it (downloading). That bit about recording from the liscienced source is enlightening tho - I hadn't heard that one before.

I didn't get any takers anyway :P

Personally, I think this is a bad idea for the board.

Just point people to ht*p://mininova.org/ and a Wikipedia article on Torrents. We're directly linking to infringing content. Linking to a Torrent tracker isn't nearly as incriminating.

No disrespect to you Adzma. I'm sure your efforts are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Just point people to ht*p://mininova.org/ and a Wikipedia article on Torrents. We're directly linking to infringing content. Linking to a Torrent tracker isn't nearly as incriminating.
    I wouldn't even go that far as posting them... if curiosity kills the cat, members can always PM

I agree it isn't as incriminating... but IT can become an addiction :P (ie. download withdrawals)

The mods are discussing... we'll get back to you.

So i'll assume from this that there is no where for me to view the episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    So i'll assume from this that there is no where for me to view the episodes?
    Youtube seems to have at least episode 6 and the special up and running...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)