Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Steve Jobs

Personally, I think some are going a little overboard (setting their monitor/computer to half brightness? ); you'd think a religious deity had just passed or something.

Don't get me wrong, the guy put up an absolutely amazing fight against a cancer that has been survived by a very minute amount of people (I've been told that it's less than 50 people) as it's an extremely destructive type of cancer but at least he is no longer in pain and his family no longer has to watch their loved one being eaten away.

Sure, the world has lost a bright mind but his death, IMO, is going to get way more coverage than what it deserves - Re: Amy Winehouse.
    (There are far more deserving people in the world)

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Personally, I think some are going a little overboard (setting their monitor/computer to half brightness? ); you'd think a religious deity had just passed or something.

Don't get me wrong, the guy put up an absolutely amazing fight against a cancer that has been survived by a very minute amount of people (I've been told that it's less than 50 people) as it's an extremely destructive type of cancer but at least he is no longer in pain and his family no longer has to watch their loved one being eaten away.

Sure, the world has lost a bright mind but his death, IMO, is going to get way more coverage than what it deserves - Re: Amy Winehouse.
    (There are far more deserving people in the world)
    You'd be interested to know that in my home country media/general public actually gave him a nickname: Apple Religion Deity Jobs (乔教主).

I know what you mean; he's only one of the inumerous people that changed the world each in their own way. Unfortunately media only recognizes those that are commercially eye catching because they have to sell their news.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    You'd be interested to know that in my home country media/general public actually gave him a nickname: Apple Religion Deity Jobs (乔教主).
    Really? - What are the odds?
    (Truly, I didn't see that one coming )

I know what you mean; he's only one of the inumerous people that changed the world each in their own way. Unfortunately media only recognizes those that are commercially eye catching because they have to sell their news.
    Yeah, you're spot on there and the US is horrible for it; The size of an actress' arse gets more air-time than a Soldier's death over there and the US Army knows it too.

I was upset when I read the news because I've been an Apple geek since high school. It seems like every educational milestone meant a new Apple for me! My high school Mac was replaced with an eMac when I started Uni, that was replaced with an iMac after Uni, then I bought a MacBook when I went back to Uni again. I've blown way too much money buying the latest and greatest Apple had to offer. But the thing that really got to me was that he was the same age as my dad, that realization got the emotions going. He definitely was a genius and an innovator but some people are going overboard, but they always will, especially when it comes to celebrities. But it takes all kinds to make a world, so I try not to judge.

whoa, and just a few weeks(?) ago I saw from the news that he resigned from Apple citing health concerns... didn't realize he'd kick the bucket so quick, guess he was really , really really sick already, He should've prolly resigned earlier to spend more time with family, ah well, kinda moot
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Farewell Steve, farewell.

Gutman's right though. Where's your messiah now, Hipsters!?!? >: D

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    whoa, and just a few weeks(?) ago I saw from the news that he resigned from Apple citing health concerns... didn't realize he'd kick the bucket so quick, guess he was really , really really sick already, He should've prolly resigned earlier to spend more time with family, ah well, kinda moot
    He had been fighting pancreatic cancer for 7 years.

Typical Apple, all their products die after the successor is released.

Here all week, try the veal etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Typical Apple, all their products die after the successor is released.
    Isn't that the same with all modern electronic devices???