Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC2 - Fall of Cybertron game revealed

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    I'm just glad that Bumblebee is dead.
    Bumblebee this and Bumblebee that gets a tad annoying at times.
    You sick ...I like the movie Bumblebee only (and way behind my love for Prime lol) and never liked classic version Bumblebee anyway. And it IS annoying to see him EVERYWHERE on the shop shelves but still, we are talking about a real TF and I'd never say I'm happy to see someone (especially an autobot) is dead!

Excellent

I hope the multiplayer is good. We had some fun saturday nights playing OTCA multiplayer
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Lets hope that any new additions or changes or only to improve the game, not gimmicks that make the gameplay worse...

I wonder if the Wii and Wii U will get versions, and if they will be more closely related to the other console versions, rather than a truncated release that shares the name and some designs only.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Exciting news! Really hoping there will be a PC release.

And what's with the naming of sequels in films and games nowadays? If it's not "Rise" this, it's "Fall" that.

Thankfully TF3 was "Dark of the Moon".

So... if this story still set on pre-Earth contact Cybertron, then why does Grimlock transform into his Earthen Dinobot mode??? Makes no sense... I would've preferred his more traditional Cybertronian tank mode. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    And what's with the naming of sequels in films and games nowadays? If it's not "Rise" this, it's "Fall" that.
    It's all building up to a new movie and game series based on that other toy franchise.

Ding Dong The Witc...err Bee is Dead

Now that is out of the way, I hope that we see an updated toy release for Grimlock and hopefully the other Dinobots. I know all of the hating that is going on about Grimlock not being a tank but who cares Grimlock is awesome

Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!

Megatron's awesome too... do you think he should transform into a Walther P38 on Cybertron?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Megatron's awesome too... do you think he should transform into a Walther P38 on Cybertron?
    I would give anything to see an updated Dinobot Grimlock released even if it has to be due to him being out of place on Cybertron :P

Also, Megatron is nothing compared to Grimlock

Megatron: [running away from the battlefield] If only one Decepticon survives this assault, it shall be I...
    [the Dinobtos emerge behind small hill, blocking his way]
    Megatron: No! It isn't possible! I saw you perish beneath the tar pit!
    Grimlock: [shoots at Megatron. Megatron collapses, severely damaged] You wrong, and you ugly, too!
    Megatron: Retreat, Decepticons! This battle has been lost!
    [flying away. The other Decepticons follow]

As Grimlock once said :

Cars and trucks bad. Nature good.

Tyrannosaur NOT Tank.

Personally, whilst I understand the argument for Grimlock being a Tank, IMO he is far superior as a T-Rex and that is what I remember him as, not a Tank which is a really unnecessary Retcon.
    Also, looking at the artwork that has been released so far; I don't see anything suggesting they're on Cybertron - Giving reason for the differing Bot/Alt modes from WFC 1.
    (I realise what the Activision Announcement Info says, this artwork suggests otherwise )

I don't think it's an unnecessary retcon, I think it makes perfect sense. In G1 Swoop transformed into a jet on Cybertron as part of the Autobot Elite Flying Corps (as seen in the 1987 Annual story "What's In A Name?").
    Swoop's Cybertronian alt mode
    Swoop's Cybertronian robot mode

So while it wasn't until Dreamwave's War Within that we saw the Cybertronian alt modes for Grimlock, Slag, Snarl and Sludge, it was already established way back in 1987 that the Dinobots did have Cybertronian modes different from their dino modes.

And I personally think it's necessary because isn't the entire point of giving the Transformers Cybertronian alt modes part of enforcing that element in TF lore that the Transformers transformed into non-Earthen alt modes prior to their contact on Earth?? It makes no sense for them to transform into Earth modes if they're on Cybertron millions of years before even making contact with Earth.

Are we supposed to believe that by some massive coincidence Grimlock's pre-Earth Cybertronian mode just happens to be the same with what he will transform on Earth? The game designers went to extensive efforts to give every Transformer a different (yet recognisable) appearance in War For Cybertron... seems strange that they would make an exception just for Grimlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon
    he is far superior as a T-Rex and that is what I remember him as, not a Tank
    Which would you honestly have preferred seeing in War For Cybertron:
    + Bumblebee as a Cybertronian compact car, or as a Volkswagen Beetle
    + Optimus Prime as a Cybertronian truck, or as a Freightliner short-nose cab truck
    + Megatron as a hover tank, or as a Walther P38
    + The Seekers as Cybertronian "tetra jets" or as F-15 Eagles
    + Soundwave as a armoured vehicle or as a portable radio cassette player
    + Ironhide as an armoured vehicle or as a Nissan Cherry vanette
    + Warpath as a BLAM! Cybertronian tank, KA-POW!, or as a ZOWEE! M551A1 Sheridan ARAAV tank, KA-BLOOEY! (WFC Warpath remains my most lovable character in that game! BOOM! )
    ...etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon
    I don't see anything suggesting they're on Cybertron
    Optimus Prime and Bumblebee look Cybertronian to me. <shrug>

But if this story takes place after Earth contact, then I take back any criticism I've made about Grimlock's dino mode. It's only if the story occurs prior to contact with Earth that seem illogical to me... unless they're out to prove that there WAS organic life on Cybertron before the Transformers came about! But even then... the odds of said organic life being identical to Earth? (meh why not... they did find a fossilised bat in the core of Cybertron in Beast Machines )