Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC2 - Fall of Cybertron game revealed

Yeah alright, I can accept that explanation for Grimlock and the Dinobots (and the Insecticons)

Quote Originally Posted by RageOnTheRoads View Post
    I liked this the most though. Of Grimlock "...As he tears through Shockwave's minions, he wields a massive sword and shield. His style of gameplay is dramatically different from other characters elsewhere in the game. If he wants a ranged weapon, it comes by picking up and enemy robot and flinging it.
    That would be an extremely limited range weapon ... interesting that they've chosen not to give him any guns... G1 Grimlock had a gun and a missile launcher. <shrug> Maybe he's too Drift^hardcore for guns.

Quote Originally Posted by RageOnTheRoads
    Grimlock is also the only character that can't transform at will: each enemy he kills fuels his rage...and a roaring t-rex emerges."
    "Here comes Grimlock
    belted by gamma rays
    turns into T-Rex
    ain't he unglamorous!"

GRIMLOCK SMASH!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That would be an extremely limited range weapon ... interesting that they've chosen not to give him any guns... G1 Grimlock had a gun and a missile launcher.
    But this isn't G1 so that doesn't really matter.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That would be an extremely limited range weapon ... interesting that they've chosen not to give him any guns... G1 Grimlock had a gun and a missile launcher. <shrug> Maybe he's too Drift^hardcore for guns.
    Yes, but this is Grimlock, he throw hard, and far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Bloody hell I want this game already, it's sounding like it's making a number of progressive steps in the right directions!
    Too right!

A few other points that impressed me from the article:

High Moon's response to the WFC been too repetitive, with too little variety, generic levels, limited AI and lacklustre storytelling - "We've taken some of the pieces form WFC that weren't received well, and turned those into strengths of the new game...Gameplay is driven by the variety of experiences... The AI system has been completely rewritten from the ground up. THe core shooting and action is completely new-ten thousand little things that add up to a really great experience." Matt Tieger, game director.

"As promised each character feels different from the last, providing the much needed variety that was lacking in WFC." game informer

"...later vortex joins with his four brothers to form Bruticus and, in a level sure to delight anyone with a pulse, the massive combined robot is playable as he lays waste to the good guys." game informer

YAY!

That sounds pretty darn cool! I look farward to the change in tactics required. Be interested to see how he would work in Multiplayer.

That trailer of Grimbo made me excited. Uncomfortably so...

Bruticus?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OMG! I dont think I can wait until next year for this... oh noooos.

I hope they add some more light to the levels. Surely even Cybertron has days. If it doesn't that could explain their power problems though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I know, but it's G1 inspired -- and it's interesting that the designers have decided to not go with the option of equipping him with guns...

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing... (after all, in some Star Wars games like Revenge of the Sith Jedi characters can't use anything but their lightsabres - which poses various challenges when enemies are shooting lasers, missiles etc. at you ) but it'll be interesting to see how Grimlock compensates. I suspect he'll have a tougher or higher shield rating and/or possibly more hit points... which would make sense because the Dinobots always were fairly Tonka Tuff dudes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Bruticus?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OMG! I dont think I can wait until next year for this... oh noooos.
    Give us toys!

I'd love to see more toys too but considering we only received toys for about 5% of the cast for WFC (Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Soundwave*), it's not looking too favourable for Bruticus. Grimlock on the other hand appears to be the games 'poster child' so you can bank on a toy for him.

* I'm not counting that legends Cybertron Starscream repaint
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

This game may not be 80s G1 but it is as much G1 as IDW comics or even Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    This game may not be 80s G1 but it is as much G1 as IDW comics or even Classics.
    But (and even though it has it's flaws and you have openly criticised this) Hasbro has stated the WFC and FOC games are technically in the Transformers: Prime continuity, so it is not as G1 as IDW or classics.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Yeah - I noticed that FOC Cliffjumper's head looks like TFP Cliffie's head. Great... I already got Generations Cliffjumper w/ the G1 inspired head, now Hasbro might make a new toy with the FOC-accurate TFP inspired head.

Who here would be sucker enough to get a FOC Cliffjumper even though you have WFC Cliffjumper???

...I would that's who (I use my WFC Cliffie's head on my Classics Cliffjumper anyway - so might as get a FOC Cliffjumper ).

But (and even though it has it's flaws and you have openly criticised this) Hasbro has stated the WFC and FOC games are technically in the Transformers: Prime continuity, so it is not as G1 as IDW or classics.
    I'll be interested to see how they shoe-horn it into the Prime continuity... Personally I would have been more than happy to accept the games as being set in their own timeline universe, inspired by G1 or Prime or even the movies (but thankfully not the movies!).

Since Hasbro and half-moon have both come out and definitively said it is not G1 based, we could stop harping on about who had what or did what or was where in G1, this is a new story having its own take on characters and locations that are familiar from G1, and the larger TF lore.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)