Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TF Animated Ep23 - A Fistful of Energon

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Default TF Animated Ep23 - A Fistful of Energon

I don't know what it is, but I'm really beginning to enjoy this Screamer plot . This thing with Screamer cloning himself (leading to the foundations of the other Seekers) in ultimately becoming a realistic threat to both the 'bots & the 'cons seems to be the beginnings of a great angle .

Is it just me or did Lockdown seem to be less evil this time compared to his Season 1 appearance?

Prowl's upgrades in bot mode were pretty cool but his new side car attachment? Motorbikes with sidecars have never been cool & this was no exception. Hopefully we won't see Prowl's sidecar in the series again.

What was the purpose of the Dinobots appearing in this episode? It didn't add anything to the story.

You gotta luv the Wildwest references, especially Lockdown's first appearance in Clint's battered poncho (Is that what you call it?)

Clint would be proud!

IMO Just a great episode!

I'd give it a 9 & a half out of 10
    Last edited by Pulse; 25th May 2008 at 01:15 PM.

I'd have to agree with you. This episode was quite good (but then Animated episodes don't generally suck anyway).

Starscream's army of clones is both a good way to explain why the Seekers all look identical in-show and a good excuse to repaint his toy 2000 times.

I think Lockdown was 'less evil' because he had a different target. In his first eisode, he was after Optimus, so naturally he was opposed to the Autobots. And did anyone else notice that his rubsign was Autobot-shaped?

Prowl's upgrades=cool.

Yay for Dinobots. Though I wish they'd added more to the story rather than give Prowl an ego boost.

RANDOM POINTLESS PONCHO FTW.

"Frankly, I find Bumblebee's fake static more convincing."

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    What was the purpose of the Dinobots appearing in this episode? It didn't add anything to the story.
    You're kidding right?

The whole thing with them is what set the entire episode up. There would otherwise be no real reason for prowl to have ratchets stasis generator.

I'd like to know what starscream used to create the other bots and how he was able to apparently use his allspark shard to bring them to life.
    ________
    Vaporizer shop
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:27 AM.

That was certainly much better than the last two eps

I guess the appearance of the dinobots at the start was to set Prowl up with the upgrade plot with the magnet and birds nest, and simple product placement for Hasbro.

I was expecting the two clones to become Skywarp and Thundercracker... given that they had fragments ...

I completely missed the poncho reference So were Prowl, Starscream and Lockdown suppposed to be the good, the bad and the ugyl?

"You call this a fight!? I'll rust before someone wins... and I'm in a vacuum!"
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    You're kidding right?

The whole thing with them is what set the entire episode up. There would otherwise be no real reason for prowl to have ratchets stasis generator.
    Couldn't they have thought of a more interesting reason for Grimlock to appear in the episode other than having a large spike wedged in his foot?

Sure I luv the Dinos but I'm positive there are better ways they could write them into the episodes other than getting things stuck between their feet...

OH, and +2 points for the absence of Bumblebee and Sari and the reason why.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Couldn't they have thought of a more interesting reason for Grimlock to appear in the episode other than having a large spike wedged in his foot?

Sure I luv the Dinos but I'm positive there are better ways they could write them into the episodes other than getting things stuck between their feet...

Yes, there were reports of rampaging dinobots........ That is why prowl and bulkhead were there and why prowl had the stasis field generator. They wern't just sent there because grimlock stepped on something, they didn't know what was going on.

The reason why they were rampaging was because of the thorn in the lions paw so to speak.
    ________
    Vapir One
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:27 AM.

An Excellent episode. I really enjoyed it and not a humey or annoying Bumblebee in sight!

I am still annoyed that the awesome Dinobots have been degraded into dumb promitive savages so that was the low point of the episode. Animated Dinobots are far, far worse than G1 cartoon Dinobots.

It is now clear to me that Lockdown is actually based on Death's Head of the G1 Marvel comics although Death's Head was not Cybertronian. The look, colors and of course Bounty Hunter and reliance on tools and gadgets and upgrades.

I also really enjoyed the Bludgeon tribute they gave Prowl in his upgrades, that was Awesome! G1 Tributes like that do work for me.

Again, I now think higher of the series as there is a huge contrast between Season 2 and the appalling, worse than Armada Season 1.
    Last edited by kup; 25th May 2008 at 05:05 PM.

great episode!! i would think that the two other clones would be skywarp and dirge based on their colours but well....

who gonna start buying multiple starscream now to be clones...*kekkeke*

Poncho FTW, seriously best thing ever.