Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TF4 & 5... details from Hasbro, & speculation

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What I'm not surprised about is hearing they're going ahead with a fourth movie. I mean come on, Transformers 3 is the fourth highest grossing movie of all time. They're gonna keep milking this until it goes direct to DVD
    And I am still going to buy them and enjoy them when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's no wonder their sales dropped with this movie, with kids who already have the character toys from last year, wanting to buy a new character instead this year.
    By the time Mirage, Soundwave, Wheeljack and even Dlx Leadfoot are released, the DVD might help move them, but the main surge of interest is now long gone.
    Sadly this isn't the first time it's happened... ROTF Devastator anyone? And we STILL don't have above-Legends Class toys for Scrapper, Hightower or Overload... but at least we did get Legends for them, which is more than what can be said for Soundwave, Mirage and Wheeljack.

Edit: just remembered, there are Soundwave and Wheeljack toys scheduled for release (hopefully)... no plans for any Mirage toys though AFAIK.

There was a Mirage toy prototype shown at botcon, along with mirage and soundwave, but it would seem that Mirage wont be out before at least March next year (based on what's in the next two assortments).

What was the Mirage proto like?

Apart from Soundwave he's the only onscreen character I've got any volition to buy*

Excludes any potential repaints of Leader Starscream which I'm all over like a rash.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I just tried to look for it, and it seems I was remembering something that didn't happen. I was so sure they showed off those characters... but looking back at my BotCon report, they didn't reveal anything beyond the current waves.
    SDCC was the first time they revealed Soundwave & Wheeljack... so I don't know what I'm remembering then. I'm so confused.
    Sorry about that.

So now that I've "rebooted" my brain/memory, it would appear that there are no plans on the horizon for a convertible Mirage/Dino toy (if one is in the works, it won't be out before middle of next year). The Speedstars Minivehicle Mirage may well be the only Mirage toy we end up getting... which is really sad. (and disappointing)

Could be Hasbro doing the good ol' tease and making its fans wait for ages for a release of a Dino. Kind of like what they did with the Classics toys and slowly releasing the beloved G1 characters. However I don't see how this sort of marketing would work, the longer it takes to get out the more likely kids will just lose interest in TFs in general and Dino especially.

I'm wondering if they just didn't obtain licensing to produce a Mirage/Dino toy... or weren't willing to pay the price being asked. After all, they have to give a percentage of every Movie toy to Bay, plus pay for licensing to GM, Lockheed and Saleen, and probably Mercedes now too.
    With no sign or mention from Hasbro of a convertible Mirage toy after all this time that the movie has been out, it just makes me feel like they decided against doing one at all.

I thought they did announce a Dino toy. I thought there was a news article announcing a deluxe Dino, a HA Dino and a HA Topspin amongst others
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I thought they did announce a Dino toy. I thought there was a news article announcing a deluxe Dino, a HA Dino and a HA Topspin amongst others
    Yeah, I thought so too
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah, I thought so too
    Great minds think alike
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair