Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TF4 & 5... details from Hasbro, & speculation

Default TF4 & 5... details from Hasbro, & speculation

Hasbro's latest profit report, not only did they reveal a 10% increase in profits during the 3rd Quarter (while the Movie was out)... and not only did they admit that the TF3 toyline was less successful than the TF2 toyline (stating that they didn't have enough NEW character product released)... but the big news is that Hasbro are indeed talking to people to get the ball rolling on TF4.

Hasbro's Brian Goldner (CEO) has stated that he's already been talking to Paramount (keeps the winning partnership), as well as Spielberg and... Michael Bay. Yes, the director who stated that he didn't want to direct any more Transformers movies after TF2 and TF3 has already been approached. But even if he does come back for the fourth, it may just be as an Executive Producer (both as an advisor, investor, & just being a name on the credits to sell tickets).
    Brian mentions that more will be revealed on this in the next quarter's report.

At the same time, rumours are starting to spread around fansites and entertainment sites. Including:
    - TF4 & TF5 might be filmed together to save money.
    - Jason Stratham may still be a candidate, but if you believe anything Bay says, he said Jason wasn't being considered.
    - Ehran Kruger (writer of TF3 and partial credit on TF2) is likely to be signed up as writer of both, to make it a two-part story.
    - Shia Labouf is still out.
    - Bay is listed as an Executive Producer, but may yet direct if his current project finishes in time.

What other early info and rumours have you seen? (note the source though)

The best news I've received in nine months. (Yeah this year hasn't been going well for me so far)

I don't care that much about anything; there's still TFs to see on big screens, that's all that matters.

And as long as Josh Duhamel's still in there as Colonel Lennox no other human role is necessary for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    The best news I've received in nine months. (Yeah this year hasn't been going well for me so far)

I don't care that much about anything; there's still TFs to see on big screens, that's all that matters.

And as long as Josh Duhamel's still in there as Colonel Lennox no other human role is necessary for me.
    Well, it looks like Fergie has some competition.

I'm glad to hear that Hasbro are actually pursuing more movies, but I can't help but feel that maybe it's a little too soon though?
    I think having Spielberg and Bay as executive producers is a good move though, if there's any truth to that, as I think a new director really should be given a go... Not that I'm not grateful Mr. Bay, I'd just like to see some Cybertronians with personalties and screen time.

I refuse to see any TF movie if Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is not in it.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Screw the humans, focus on the robots!!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    and not only did they admit that the TF3 toyline was less successful than the TF2 toyline (stating that they didn't have enough NEW character product released)...
    I still can't believe we don't have any real toys for Soundwave, Mirage and Wheeljack yet... the film's already out of cinemas and is coming out on DVD/BR in a few weeks' time.

I'd guess Trans4mers and Transformers V for the titles.

One word: Unicron.

I'm sure his name has been thrown around in concept meetings before now, and if we're talking 2 new movies, possibly a 2-parter, then Unicron is a hell of a baddy to use.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Hasbro will want to spit out more movies as quickly as possible... as I think they are probably generating more profit (and income) from the movies now than the toys. (in the past, the TFs cartoons that sell toylines were probably not expected to make any money, as the toys were their primary revenue source... but now with the Hub and their partnership with Paramount & Marvel, revenue from non-toy sources must be pretty significant now)

It could also be why they aren't as fussed about getting the rest of the DotM Cast character toys out to stores, because the toys are now the gravy (instead of the other way around with the cartoons).
    But seriously, Hasbro Head Office must be employing monkeys these days - they should have had the new characters out in the first waves, instead of "new" moulds of the characters that haven't changed over the last 2-4 years. It's no wonder their sales dropped with this movie, with kids who already have the character toys from last year, wanting to buy a new character instead this year.
    By the time Mirage, Soundwave, Wheeljack and even Dlx Leadfoot are released, the DVD might help move them, but the main surge of interest is now long gone.

With the Dinobots in WFC2... it'd be the perfect time to cash in on that resurged concept and include them in the Movie-verse.

I'm actually quite impressed how civil this thread is. I expected to come in here reading the usual comments 'Michael Bay ruined my... blah, blah, blah'. Well done everyone

What I'm not surprised about is hearing they're going ahead with a fourth movie. I mean come on, Transformers 3 is the fourth highest grossing movie of all time. They're gonna keep milking this until it goes direct to DVD
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]