Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended shelving?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It's bizzare but yeah, glass cabinets even if you rarely open them do not keep dust away. It doesn't get dusty as quick but gets there eventually. My GI Joe Detolf case was filled with dust to the point that when you picked up a figure, the stand foot print was clearly visible as a rectangle shape on the glass.
    Not really surprising: even in a well sealed system, if you're not actively changing and filtering the air in the cabinet, you're gonna get dust settling.

I've been installing "home furniture" wall shelving in combination with london style brackets from Masters. The main attraction is that its the most economical 30cm deep shelving I could find which is great for placing LEGO modular buildings (and large transformers ). The london brackets aren't the most elegant looking thing in the universe but they are the strongest and least obstructive bracket available for a very reasonable price.

I recently put together a Detolf for some of my MPs and I wondering if anyone has any ideas for tiered/stepped display options – kind of like a perspex/acrylic box etc. Seems to be quite alot of excess space. I have looked around and it seems purchasing 'actual' display stands is quite expensive.

I remember someone of the forum mentioning that Ferrero Rocher boxes did the trick. Does anyone else have any ideas? Thanks again!

Congie makes great use of acrylic stepped risers and provided some links to the products he used.

Quote Originally Posted by Congie View Post
    Well the 5th Detolf happened a while ago but never got around to taking snaps. Good timing as I also jumped onto the 3rd party bandwagon. With everything coming out late 2015, it probably won't be long before some guys have to move out of there and gather dust on top of the cabinets..

Quote Originally Posted by Congie View Post
    I used a combination of these acrylic stepped risers:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271044109392

and these acrylic cube vase things lying on their side with the open end facing forwards:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301235504131

Some of the Deluxe figures as well as Scout and Legends can fit underneath the taller risers or inside the front-facing cubes if space is needed later on.

Not sure where to put this, but I just noticed that Ikea have dropped the price on the Black Detolf display cabinets to $99 (from $129). Previously only the white version was $99.

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/pr...y=detolf+black

I need a few more so I just have to talk the Mrs into making another trip there...

Good to know, that is the colour I have. I just need more space............
    Spiderken Away!

I've just moved into my own place so the display room quest has begun, hopefully in a week or so I will have some pics for y'all
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    I've just moved into my own place so the display room quest has begun, hopefully in a week or so I will have some pics for y'all
    if you're kitting out an entire room, I'd recommend considering the Mob that Sharky Wattsy has used. check back towards the start of the thread.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    if you're kitting out an entire room, I'd recommend considering the Mob that Sharky Wattsy has used. check back towards the start of the thread.
    It's a dead link:

http://www.shopforshops.com/upright-...59032_2522513/

Is this the one?

http://www.shopforshops.com/www/61/1001127/i3040655

It's nice but quite expensive compared to buying a bunch of Detolf's if you've got the room. Rather put that money into my TFs.

At least it would be a one-off purchase. And you just know you won't ever regret purchasing it.

I've just secured 2 similar to those but with 3 fixed wood shelves instead of glass shelves, at height intervals identical to detolfs, for $140 each. Sure they're not as big as the linked one, but they aren't $1500.
    I already own 5 (4 if my sis claims one lol) detolfs and a ikea wooden display cabinet i got on super cheap from gumtree over the past couple of years so I dont need to expand much.

And dapto is right, that money can be better spent on other things - in my case the mortgage
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"