Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended shelving?

Question Recommended shelving?

Hey guys. So this isnt a TF question "technically" but it is TF related. I'm in need on a fully glass display cabinet. I'd like it to be 4 sides of glass and glass shelves (or that clear plastic they use). Anyone know of places where I can get one without paying a large sum of money that should be used to buy more TF's? I've looked through the ikea catalog but there isn't really anything like that in there

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Hey guys. So this isnt a TF question "technically" but it is TF related. I'm in need on a fully glass display cabinet. I'd like it to be 4 sides of glass and glass shelves (or that clear plastic they use). Anyone know of places where I can get one without paying a large sum of money that should be used to buy more TF's? I've looked through the ikea catalog but there isn't really anything like that in there
    IKea used to have 4 sided Square section glass cabinets, though they are't huge or particularly easy to adjust shelving height.
    I have an Ikea bookshelf with glass doors and glass shelves, the rest is a dark woodgrain finish, I think the line is called "Billy"

the only other place I've seen all glass cabinets is at Harvey Norman and they were about a grand.

you could also try eBay, sometimes there are some good display cabinets going second hand on there.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

If you want glass all around, then there is no cheap option.

Are you looking for an ikea detolf?

Only problem is that they're $150 in Australia...

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Detolf is the answer you'll hear most often, and for good reason.

You can get them on sale occasionally. They have had half-off sales on them very very occasionally (and of course they sell out incredibly quickly).

They're sturdy, reliable, and compare well with most of what you'll find in your average furniture store.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Detolf is the answer you'll hear most often, and for good reason.

You can get them on sale occasionally. They have had half-off sales on them very very occasionally (and of course they sell out incredibly quickly).

They're sturdy, reliable, and compare well with most of what you'll find in your average furniture store.
    They actually look perfect, just the right thing you want for your collection (at least I want a pair of these for mine). And they are indeed $150...I don't know what KS means by "problem" but I reckon that's a great price for a all glass cabinet.

That's $300 added to my budget expenditure next year.

That's exactly what I want! And so cheap! Ikea trip coming soon. Thanks guys. Knowing the name is a big help too.

well this is my shelving, it's a little dark at night and bare due to the packing that has commenced but you get the idea, I have decided to add some LED strip lighting in the future to brighten it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    well this is my shelving, it's a little dark at night and bare due to the packing that has commenced but you get the idea, I have decided to add some LED strip lighting in the future to brighten it up a little.
    Cool. Have you added those doors?

Cool. Have you added those doors?
    The doors are an optional extra, there are several types to choose from. the default shelves are wooden, and the glass ones were extra, but totally worth it. you'll note that the middle shelf is still wood. it's fixed as a part of the structure of the cabinet.