Thread: JP Diecast Optimus & Bumblebee

Default JP Diecast Optimus & Bumblebee

I saw these on amiami the other day, and since they've been posted up on Seibertron, I thought I'd mention it here as well.

These are non-transformable (like RPMs/Speedstars) but look to be a little bigger... and Bumblebee has doors that open.
    The Bumblebee could even be the same one that is packed in with non-transformable Starscream figures that are also being released in Japan soon.

These were also mentioned in the magazine article you posted earlier revealing the DOTM optimus w/ shield (and comparing it w/ Jetwing Prime).

For anyone who may not know, these are part of TakaraTOMY's Tomica franchise - obviously crossed over with Transformers... which wouldn't be the first time (I have some Micron Legend Tomicas). They're much like Matchbox or Hot Wheels cars... so in that sense I think they're cooler than RPMs/Speedstars being die-cast and possibly retailing for less.

Yuck I don't like these anyway but where is the chrome, Hot wheels cars can afford chrome why not these
    Last edited by 1orion2many; 31st October 2011 at 01:43 PM.

Not gonna lie, that little Optimus is quite cute. I'd buy it.

I might get one if I found 'em at a local asian supermarket (I found some Micron Legend Majorette cars at local asian shops -- got 3 of 'em)... but I'm not gonna bother importing them.

Transformer Majorettes have chrome hubcaps and come with candy... I've never had any Tomicas before, so I don't know if they normally come with chrome or not. <shrug>