Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TFSource (USA) Feedback

Default TFSource (USA) Feedback

Hey guys,

I just want to share an experience I've had recently with TFSource.com. Usually I am inclined to find the cheapest deal I can online when looking for TF's but in my excitement I decided that fastest delivery time was more important for my first Takara MasterPiece. Which led me to order MP-10 from TFSource as their delivery time (at the time of pre-order) was a week earlier than anywhere else I could find. Sure enough the delivery was late (about the same time as other companies had quoted) but I was just happy to get my Transformer. I opened him up and played around posing his robot mode for about a week before I decided to transform him. BUT to my horror as I moved his pieces around and gently eased his wheel cover over to his leg it snapped! NOOOOOO! Was my immediate reaction. I had no idea what to do and in close inspection I realised it would be impossible to glue it as the hinges that snapped are so small that if I glued them I'd either glue in the pin or if I removed the pin and put it in afterwards it would surely resnap the hinge. I was leaving for holidays the next day so I thought I'd email TFSource and tell them how pissed off I was. And to my astonishment they said they will be happy to send replacement parts for...... FREE! So a few emails back and forth with their repair tech to isolate the exact piece I need and it's shipped out on it's way here. However the nice tech guy decided that rather having me take the leg apart completely that it would be better if he sent a whole new leg! So the moral of this story? Although I've found TFSource to be a little more pricey than some other retailers, their customer service is amazing and I think I'll be ordering all my larger purchases through them (MP's mostly) as their willingness to help and send replacement parts is just great.

Oh and I didn't get payment for typing this ad up for them. Unless you consider Primes leg a payment. LOL

thats great to hear Heretic

A good outcome to an unfortunate incident. Thank you for sharing.

bowspearer Guest

Wow, goods to know since I was looking at getting some stuff from them.

Yep, I would have to agree with the positive sentiments about TFSource's customer service, I've bought from them on a couple of occasions and all my inquiries about item conditions, payments, shipping dates etc. have always been met with swift and polite responses.

If only they were geographically closer to us, I'd buy from them more often than RobotKingdom.

Last year, I bought myself the Dark Retribution Dinobots through TFSource.
    When (at Christmas) I opened it up, I found my swoop had two left arms. After a few emails, they sent me a whole new figure
    Very impressed with them

Normally they're good but they've recently managed to sell their entire stock of MP Soundwave so when MP Rumble/Ravage came in stock and I asked for them to shipmy stack, they couldn't do it.
    Now I'm waiting for MP Soundwave to restock.

I understand it was a warehouse/logistics accident. Makes perfect sense it's an accident but it still doesn't make the whole thing feel any better.

edit:GAAAHH! It gets worse! http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...b&e=a781523059
    I had this preordered since NOVEMBER!
    Can I change my vote to No?
    Last edited by CBratron; 29th March 2013 at 12:15 AM.

i use TFsource for most of my online acquisitions and have always found that they are very helpful and their deliveries are quite fast, have had no problems with them other than being at little more expensive. but worth every penny i would say. glad they could help out with your MP-10. ( and voted in poll )

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

I think if a store (online or not... they are registered businesses) takes your pre-order and money, they should honour the "contract" by any means (like, buying one from another store and shipping it to you at a loss if necessary), if it was their fault that they couldn't provide that item. And even if they have a disclaimer or fine-print somewhere that claims that they are not responsible for all circumstances, if they want loyal customers and word-of-mouth in their favour, they should take the small hit, and obtain the items promised from other sources... even ebay if necessary.
    If they are bound to lose a lot of money over their own mistakes, to make their business unsustainable, then they shouldn't be in business.

Anybody have any issues after they cancelled a preorder?