Page 107 of 120 FirstFirst ... 8797102103104105106107108109110111112117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1196

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

So... DOTM Sentinel Prime is quite literally a prick.

I've been looking at my Earthrise Optimus on and off for the past month wondering what the vestigial hitch point on the outside of his leg will be used for, until I realised that Earthrise Optimus shares the legs of Siege Voyager Optimus (as well as what looks to be all the natural blue parts on the two moulds).

The transformation of the Earthrise Prime was such that the legs no longer rotate around to face the front so a new hitch point was needed, which is moulded into the grey pieces that replace the rotating pieces on the Siege mould.

I think this sprue reuse mentality among the current design team is a really fascinating way of design which is giving use more variety in a line with less direct remoulds than we used to get.

After already buying two Cyberverse toys that have "Cybertronian" modes (Bumblebee and Starscream), which have been seen or been out since the beginning of this year, it was only today that I realised from the first sighting of Cybertronian Mode Optimus in America, that the front of the toy packaging has a special icon to say that these toys (and a Megatron toy that came out with Bumblebee), are special Cybertronian modes.
    Looking at the packaging of the two toys that I already own, and sure enough, there it was... and I didn't even notice it.
    (and just now I see that there are two 1-step toys that also have the special icon on it as well, for Ratchet and Megatron)

I wonder how many they are going to do, especially now that the cartoon has ended... and it seems to be a lot of sublines and subtitles for Cyberverse this year.

Got Cyberverse Deluxe BAF Hotrod, there's 2 protrusions at the front of his vehicle mode, they do nothing but you can clip his flame effects onto them but there's not enough clearance under the vehicle mode.

They're like Hotrod's appendix.

I was watching a Skylynx review and it just a occurred to me that space shuttles are obsolete, just like cassette recorders are obsolete. Is this a problem for kids buying space shuttle toys (whether Transformers or other)? Should vertical takeoff and landing rockets (which for most of my life were a fictitious relic of 50s SF) become the norm for space toys? Or are space shuttles just intrinsically cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I was watching a Skylynx review and it just a occurred to me that space shuttles are obsolete, just like cassette recorders are obsolete. Is this a problem for kids buying space shuttle toys (whether Transformers or other)? Should vertical takeoff and landing rockets (which for most of my life were a fictitious relic of 50s SF) become the norm for space toys? Or are space shuttles just intrinsically cool?
    space shuttles will always be cool

I think space shuttle will still have it's place in the collective psyche for a long time.

We're only now entering the post space shuttle world so it will take a few years still before the new launchers becomes common enough to be in the collective thought.

Thanks, that's what I figured, and there's something about a spaceship that looks more like a plane and less like a tin can. Mind you, I also still think tape decks are cool.

I just noticed that the tiny Basic class human figures in the DOTM Human Alliance toyline have wrist rotation articulation. That's a luxury reserved only for our Leader class figures these days!

Fired up my external hard drive and rewatched some G1 commercials I downloaded around 2006/2007. For a long time I had it in my head that some of the later commercials said "so much more than meets the eye" but what is actually said is "more, much more than meets the eye" which makes sense when you look at packaging from that era.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.