Page 108 of 120 FirstFirst ... 8898103104105106107108109110111112113118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1197

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Both Tigertrack and Spinout appear in the G1 episode, "A Plague of Insecticons."

The additionally funny thing is that in both shots, the other twin has their normal colour, so it's not even a case of accidental palette swapping.
    e.g. as you can see in the shot with Tigertrack we can see Sunstreaker in yellow.
    I've cropped it out, but in the shot with Spinout you can also see Sideswipe in red.

And Cordon appears briefly in the episode, "Hoist Goes Hollywood."

P.S.: Yes, I know that these are colouring errors, but I still like to believe that it basically means that these characters have had screen appearances, regardless of authorial intent.

Hey if the rainmakers, generic seekers and Nacelle count, so does that.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I just realised when I read TFWiki that a lot of the new characters that are being released in CHUG like Smash Down and Sound Barrier have zero canon outside of their packaging. I thought for sure they would get some type of canon in IDW, but apparently not.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I just realised when I read TFWiki that a lot of the new characters that are being released in CHUG like Smash Down and Sound Barrier have zero canon outside of their packaging. I thought for sure they would get some type of canon in IDW, but apparently not.
    I guess all they have is the online manga that has been dropping with the Selects toys (volcanicus and Abominus specifically)

I never realised until I just watched a review that Generations Metroplex has a gun station in his right forearm.

Comparing the box art between Takara's Middle-G1 Brainmasters (1989) and Hasbro's Late-G1 Motorvators (1991)...

• Hasbro did NOT reuse Takara's box art for the Motorvators. They are all new pieces of artwork, although clearly based on the Takara art.

• Lightspeed's art appears to have extended the left foot which is cropped on the Takara art, although the Hasbro artist may have had access to an uncropped copy of Braver's box art.

• Flame's art portrays him as having a shield, but of course, none of the Motorvators came with any of the combining parts to form Road Caesar - so Flame is shown holding a shield that he NEVER had!

• Gripper's art suggests that the Hasbro artist may have only had access to the Takara box art but not the toys themselves. Notice that there is a rather clean line along Gripper's left shoulder and back kibble - not only that, but the front left wheel and bumper tip which should be visible are clearly cut off. These parts were obscured by Blacker's shield on the Takara version and have not been drawn in by the Hasbro artist.

• The Motorvators' art also all have inaccuracies. All of their eye colours don't match the toys. Lightspeed is blue instead of teal. Flame has a purple face instead of silver. It lends further credence to the theory that the Hasbro artist never had the actual toys in front of him/her, and perhaps these colours were based off earlier sketches before the final colours were determined for the toys. Flame's shield is a strange one - Lightspeed and Gripper have had their shields "removed," but just not Flame!

Thanks to a post on fb, I never noticed that the Ark in the original cartoon was crashed at an angle, but all the floors inside were level...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Thanks to a post on fb, I never noticed that the Ark in the original cartoon was crashed at an angle, but all the floors inside were level...
    I always thought it was odd how the Ark was drawn, but it was still cool.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

That has bugged me for decades. It’s also why I think some of the early episodes have the often forgotten outside base.

My no prize explanation has always been that the ship’s artificial gravity is still working (once they move past the entrance area into the ship proper.

I wish I hadn't read this. Can never be unseen.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.