Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 92102107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1197

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

I've only just noticed that there's a recommended age in a circle at the front of Transformers packaging since Earthrise. I saw the recommended age on the Ark box (15+) and thought 'oh that's new' but looked around and every other unopened TF box in my room has one of those age circles on it!

15+? Thats a bit old I would of thought

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    15+? Thats a bit old I would of thought
    IIRC Japan has been doing that from at least the Legends line. I suspect absolutely nobody pays any attention to it, so it covers them if Jnr chokes on a gun. Interesting though as 13 was the age when I was dropping out of Transformers. Didn't get back in again until I was in my s

Maybe it's common knowledge, but this is new to me... was browsing through some Star Wars info and someone there shared screencaps from TF Victory series which shows Artoo and 3PO walking past Braver and Holi, and other shots of an Ewok and a Jawa somewhere in the TF universe.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Maybe it's common knowledge, but this is new to me... was browsing through some Star Wars info and someone there shared screencaps from TF Victory series which shows Artoo and 3PO walking past Braver and Holi, and other shots of an Ewok and a Jawa somewhere in the TF universe.
    Marvel Sunbow straight up stole FX audio from Star Wars for the G1 cartoon and movie. If anyone did that today Mickey would send his attack lawyers after them. lol
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

This isn't quite something you never realised - but I've been playing with the Unite Warriors Devastator after getting him from a member here and I forgot how big the individual Constructicons were.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    This isn't quite something you never realised - but I've been playing with the Unite Warriors Devastator after getting him from a member here and I forgot how big the individual Constructicons were.
    Size-wise at least, UW Devastator is a better fit with MPs than recent Generations figures.

UW Devastator feels a bit lost now huh? MPG Devastator seems a likely future thing if Raiden is a success and I could see a WFC/Legacy/SS86 Devastator coming along. Both of which would replace the current Titan toy for many.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    If you check out the tfwiki, they actually detail all of the Star Wars sounds Sunbow used in the Original Series cartoon (in the real world references section). And those visual homages were in the Japanese cartoon, which probably would have been a lot easier to throw in as easter eggs back then, like the car moulds that didn't bother with licensing back in the 70s and 80s.
    (Lucasfilm put R2D2 into Revenge of the Fallen somewhere as debris... but since Disney didn't buy Lucasfilm until 3 years later, there was no risk of the later parent company stepping in to stop it).

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I thought they felt like nice bog bish-bash toys to be honest. Big and simple and tough enough to smack into one another. I liked them.