Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 96106111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1197

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

G1 Cosmos' Greek name is Kυρίαρχος (Kyriarchos), which means "sovereign," and is where English gets the word kyriarchy ("a social system or set of connecting social systems built around domination, oppression, and submission") from.

(photo credit: F. Work)

Japanese: Adams (named after George Adamski)
    Italian: Disco (meaning "saucer" or "disk")
    Mandarin: Yǔzhòu Fēidié ("Space UFO"; which is silly, because the fact that we can identify Cosmos as a flying saucer means that he's an identified flying object)

Other languages' names for Cosmos are basically just their equivalent word for it...
    Hungarian: Kozmosz
    Portuguese: Cosmo
    Russian: Kosmos

Somewhat funny that the Greek name for Cosmos isn't "Cosmos" considering that the word 'cosmos' itself comes from Greek! A direct English translation of "Cosmos" would be "Allworld."

In 2000 Takara repainted Fortress Maximus as Brave Maximus in Robots in Disguise (who was called "Fortress Maximus" in the RiD dub but the toy was never released by Hasbro). It's only just dawned on me that the word "Fortress" comes from the Latin word "fortis," which means "brave."

Also, Grand Maximus' name just means "big biggest."

Has anyone ever realised that based on the scale chart, Full Tilt (Trypticon's included car on his chest) is as big or even bigger than a full sized combiner?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    In 2000 Takara repainted Fortress Maximus as Brave Maximus in Robots in Disguise (who was called "Fortress Maximus" in the RiD dub but the toy was never released by Hasbro). It's only just dawned on me that the word "Fortress" comes from the Latin word "fortis," which means "brave."

Also, Grand Maximus' name just means "big biggest."
    Wow, it's only just dawned on me that "Brave Maximus" is the only non-dub name I use when discussing RID 2001. I guess to be fair it's not a Hasbro toy though.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I always knew Rodimus was supposed to be a futuristic truck, not a Winnebago. But I never knew until today exactly what Rodimus was based on. Enter the General Motors Bison from 1964.

https://designyoutrust.com/2019/06/1...ed-so-awesome/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

We have the new/old style Landcruisers and the PT Cruisers. Why not the Bison?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I always knew Rodimus was supposed to be a futuristic truck, not a Winnebago. But I never knew until today exactly what Rodimus was based on. Enter the General Motors Bison from 1964.

https://designyoutrust.com/2019/06/1...ed-so-awesome/
    Very nice. This is the closest thing to a real-life Rodimus Prime altmode i've seen. All it needs are flames decal.

I only just realised that with the release of Inferno, Hasbro has actually made a toy of every mainline cast member from season 1 of Beast Wars in the Generations line. Too bad there doesn't currently seem to be the same level of dedication to getting season 2 and 3 cast members produced.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I only just realised that with the release of Inferno, Hasbro has actually made a toy of every mainline cast member from season 1 of Beast Wars in the Generations line. Too bad there doesn't currently seem to be the same level of dedication to getting season 2 and 3 cast members produced.
    Well the have done Transmetal Dragon Megatron and POTP Optimus Primal... but I doubt that you will see any others soon given how close it is to the release of RoTB.