Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 98108113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1197

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I'm colour blind.

I've had Huffer since 1985.

Yesterday, I discovered he's blue, not purple
    This was news to me too.
    I did a poll and approximately 2/3 of respondents said they see him as blue not purple.
    Last edited by Tha_Phantom; 4th July 2023 at 07:17 PM.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

His shade of Blue is verging on Purple, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    This was news to me too.
    I did a poll and approximately 2/3 of respondents said they see him as blue not purple.
    Either 1/3 of respondents are also colour blind, or it's some kind of ManHuffer effect.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    His shade of Blue is verging on Purple, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Oh I'm not. I can't do anything about being colour blind.I was surprised, though.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

What colour would you say this is?

Blue? Purple?

That colour was lifted directly from this photo of Huffer. Here is a comparison of Huffer and his blue next to Hook and his purple.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    What colour would you say this is? ~snip~
    Oh, I've never seen his G1 toy. That is clearly blue. However, his cartoon appearance is close enough to purple I wouldn't care if someone said he is purple.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:WFC-Kin...uxe_Huffer.jpg
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I think it's one of those visual trickery things like the gold dress.

To be clear: I accept he is blue, I'm NOT arguing otherwise. Especially after seeing Gok isolate the colour like that.

However, some people like myself may THINK we're seeing purple because of other colours on his deco? I don't know.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

The Marvel Comics was the first to recolour Huffer as purple, then the Sunbow cartoon followed suit. Other G1 media portrayed Huffer as blue like the toy though.

I cannot think of any G1 Autobots with purple. Hasbro seemed to have reserved that as an "Evil" Decepticon colour. Even now there are very few Autobots with purple; Impactor, Alpha Trion and Nautica are outliers, and none of them ever existed as toys in the 20th Century. There are also not many Decepticons in white, again with Glit being an outlier. And even Shattered Glass still assigns purple to "Evil" Autobots and white to "Heroic" Decepticons.

P.S.: Sunbow-Rumble is chiefly purple while Non-Sunbow-Frenzy is chiefly navy blue. Sunbow-Reflector is also purple, while Viewfinder is navy blue.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Data-point - the early UK comics (when they showed him at all, or when they weren't black and white...) used the toys as a reference, and made Huffer a nice deep blue.

Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Data-point - the early UK comics (when they showed him at all, or when they weren't black and white...) used the toys as a reference, and made Huffer a nice deep blue.
    Yeah, Marvel UK were often more toy-accurate with their colours compared to Marvel USA.