Page 21 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263141 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Powerglide?
    Powerglide is definitely different, but at the same time the wings dont change so much as just fold out of the way. and a figure I do like a lot and for a plane former does have a pretty clean Vehicle mode.
    RtS Lugnuts wings actually become the arms of the robot.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Agree. RtS Lugnut's transformation is sublime.

I'm also thinking about HftD Terradive, where the wings form the sides of his lower legs. Mould reused for DotM Space Case, TFCC 2013 Incentive Figure Depth Charge, and Botcon 2013 Machine Wars Starscream.
    Terradive is also excellent but again the wings do just fold out of the way, rather than becoming a functional part of the robot mode. very good approximation to the Russion Su-47 I think.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I was transforming RtS Lugnut just now so I could put him away but re-realised that he is one of the few planeformers with a fully shelled underside fuselage instead of the typical messy arms and legs 'hanging' out under there. I don't think I appreciated this as much when I first got him compared to now.

This just reaffirms him as one of the most glorious planeformers ever created!

I wonder if there's ever been a kid that's received a Transformer as a present and not realised until years later that it actually transforms. That would be hilarious
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I wonder if there's ever been a kid that's received a Transformer as a present and not realised until years later that it actually transforms. That would be hilarious
    Back in the 90s I knew a Japanese family who owned a Laserdisc player who never knew what a laserdisc was! They only ever used it as a CD player! It never occurred to them as to why it had such a massive tray!

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I was transforming RtS Lugnut just now so I could put him away but re-realised that he is one of the few planeformers with a fully shelled underside fuselage instead of the typical messy arms and legs 'hanging' out under there. I don't think I appreciated this as much when I first got him compared to now.

This just reaffirms him as one of the most glorious planeformers ever created!
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Not only that he's one of the few plane formers where the wings are used for something more than parts of a cape, in fact I can't think of another.
    How about (movie) Incinerator? Fully shelled underside fuselage (well, nearly). And 'wings' form outer part of forarms.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    How about (movie) Incinerator? Fully shelled underside fuselage (well, nearly). And 'wings' form outer part of forarms.
    huh, I've never seen that one before!

primary difference being that he has no hands and the tail of the plane just becomes a "third" leg. You've reminded me also of the Movie/generations Powerdive toy that has hands and the engines become part of the forearm also.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I was just messing around with MP Rumble and Frenzy, and realized that the pile drivers actually have specific side to fit to.

For those who don't already know, look closely inside the cavity and there's two ridges. The lower one snaps over the elbow and it clicks in place. You can tell which side it's supposed to be by the position of these ridges.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    I was just messing around with MP Rumble and Frenzy, and realized that the pile drivers actually have specific side to fit to.

For those who don't already know, look closely inside the cavity and there's two ridges. The lower one snaps over the elbow and it clicks in place. You can tell which side it's supposed to be by the position of these ridges.
    Yeah, I think there were a few people on this board that actually got two left (or right) from the Japanese MP rumble/frenzy sets. Very frustrating for them to send it back to the online store they purchased it from

Yup. My MP Rumble came w/ two of the same side piledrivers. Thankfully TakaraTOMY sent me replacements as well as an apology letter.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yup. My MP Rumble came w/ two of the same side piledrivers. Thankfully TakaraTOMY sent me replacements as well as an apology letter.
    Good to hear they sorted this out. Glad we haven't heard much about the Hasbro version having the same problem or it'd be a pain in the tailgate to replace..(on a second thought, the way the Hasbro pile drivers were packed kinda prevents factory workers from picking two of the same one.)