Page 24 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes, this is true. Before Beast Wars there was no such thing as established size classes/price points. Beast Wars introduced this concept and it's stuck ever since.

BW didn't had Supreme or Leader Class. BW had Basic (Scout/Commander), Deluxe (Deluxe), Mega (Voyager) and Ultra (Ultra). An example of more recent Ultra Class TFs would be Universe Powerglide, Onslaught, Silverbolt etc. BW also had Super Class, which was Optimal Optimus.

Supreme Class was introduced in Beast Machines, the first being overpriced-piece-of-crap^Supreme Cheetor. Examples of a more recent Supreme Class toy is Animated Roll-Out Optimus Prime.
    Yeah, growing up with Cybertron, Supreme was absolutely enormous to my 5 or 6 year old self, almost double what he'd seem like to me now. G1 was pretty whacky with the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Well I've been a TransFan since an 80s childhood too, but can still get surprised how big or small some G1 Transformers I did not own (or see) as a child turn out to be.
    Hound and skids when I first saw them.

Shock ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Well I've been a TransFan since an 80s childhood too, but can still get surprised how big or small some G1 Transformers I did not own (or see) as a child turn out to be.
    I had Menasor for the better part of my childhood before trading it away (and miraculously getting it back a few years ago).
    But before then, i saw it for the first time since my childhood at Tet's house for one of the first meets i attended... i was certain it was a mini KO version!
    Though he is small compared to Superion (which i also had/re-attained), they all seemed massive to me as a kid!

I haven't experienced abnormal sizes all that much, but the biggest in my case was Optimal Optimus, he was always huge in my memory, and it didn't help that my little brother only even knew him as "Big Octomas" but after getting what was left of my brother's Optimal he was a lot smaller than I remembered.
    I'm also surprised by how small or huge some G1 toys are compared to each other, like how Optimus is quite small while Jetfire was much larger
    ---------
    as for my own recent realisation

I had always been annoyed by how bad the balance of Deluxe WFC Optimus was, but the other day I grabbed mine off the shelf to fiddle with it and finally realised that his ball jointed feet can be pushed back to give him better balance, and also make his "toes" shorter and less clown shoe like.
    no more toppling over backwards anymore

I got an almost mint Optimal Optimus a couple of weeks ago from Seibertron's ebay page. I was very surprised how small he was when I got him. I was thinking that Super=Supreme, well now I know Super was a one off size class.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    As roller pointed out to me today. G1 Ultra Magnus' helmet head can combine with his blue chest piece to form a little jet vehicle of some sort. I thought it was just a joke, but then we tried it... crude but yup apparently it does.

I worked that out a few years back but I didn't see it as a jet, more like storage for the helmet while in trailer mode. I could tell there was a seat there for a diaclone guy so at most, I figured it was a gun battery.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I figured it was a gun battery.
    Gun battery, I like it! That makes me think of those movies... star wars?

Right in the centre of each of FOC Metroplex's many wheels (except the crotch wheel) there is a tiny Autobot symbol on the middle. Well, I presume that's what they're meant to be, it's the same basic shape with the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Right in the centre of each of FOC Metroplex's many wheels (except the crotch wheel) there is a tiny Autobot symbol on the middle. Well, I presume that's what they're meant to be, it's the same basic shape with the eyes.
    oh yeah ... just check my one!! very well spotted.. had to look twice to see it properly..... they are tiny!!

Started listening to the audio commentary on TFPS3(BH)... one thing the writers wanted to include in the show but couldn't was to introduce more Wreckers, particularly Seaspray (Sea Spray?). They basically described him as being nautical and being the baddest of the Wreckers... so in other words... kinda like Depth Charge. Would've been cool of David Sobolov reprised his Depth Charge voice for TFP Seaspray (since they already had him doing Shockwave ).

The writers were also boasting about how Hasbro let them know before they started writing Season 3 that it would be their final season, which let them nicely tie up loose ends which otherwise doesn't happen when writers find out later (as we saw with the end of the US G1 cartoon and Beast Wars). Meanwhile on Cybertron's moon...

Also, one thing that I never thought of before... when Jasper was evacuated and declared a no-go disaster area, how come we didn't hear/see anyone from the Japanese consulate attempt to locate/recover Miko? Surely her parents would want to cancel her exchange programme, especially if the school itself has been destroyed. Or maybe she's just that annoying that they'd rather let her finish her stay in the U.S., even if meteors are purportedly falling on her head and she's gone missing. We didn't hear about Raf's mum either... seems like Jack is the only one with a concerned parent when the expletive hits the fan!