Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But it was until the G1 cartoon came out on DVD that I noticed that yellow Cliffjumper actually appears in the G1 cartoon!
    I've been watching the G1 series again myself and have noticed quite a few animation fails, especially when it comes to colouring.

Considering they didn't have CGI back then and probably had several people individually colouring each cell I guess it's not too bad but is still funny to watch.

Guess Quality Control went home early when those cells got through to the keeper!

Someone had to point out to me that there was a slot in the base of TM2 Dragon Megatron's wing to store his 3rd missile. There was no mention of it in the instructions.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Someone had to point out to me that there was a slot in the base of TM2 Dragon Megatron's wing to store his 3rd missile. There was no mention of it in the instructions.
    Hehe, guess who else just learnt something new...

I didn't realise that BEAST WARS was part of the TRANSFORMERS franchise until like, three years ago. No joke, I had no idea they were related.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    I've been watching the G1 series again myself and have noticed quite a few animation fails, especially when it comes to colouring.

Considering they didn't have CGI back then and probably had several people individually colouring each cell I guess it's not too bad but is still funny to watch.

Guess Quality Control went home early when those cells got through to the keeper!
    Well it's not only a question of QC it's more like that because the frames up for a second you may not notice irregularities on 1st viewing.

Fun game to play: Watch any Disney big budget feature for QC mistakes! Oh they're there

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Pic please, I cannot for the life of me find where that is.

Someone might have to help me out with a pic as I don't have my TM2 Megs on me.

But right next to the hinge connecting the wing to the back, coming from the rear, there is a slot in which you can slide the missile.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

BW Bonecrusher has panels on his robot legs that flare out if you pull them.

One of the best realizations about TFs was that there was a G1 character named ERECTOR. OH YEAH OH YEAH

Ha great thread!

Man I had G1 Defensor's head mistransformed for a good year before I stumbled upon an ebay auction with a nice big clear photo of him. Didn't realise his head was meant to be rotated so it could sit properly on his upper body...

also I had no idea the Japanese/south east asian region were big on Transformers till after I joined these forums. Always thought they were a western thing