Page 117 of 120 FirstFirst ... 97107112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1197

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I only just realised that with the release of Inferno, Hasbro has actually made a toy of every mainline cast member from season 1 of Beast Wars in the Generations line. Too bad there doesn't currently seem to be the same level of dedication to getting season 2 and 3 cast members produced.
    I expect that they'll circle back at some point.

I feel like there's perhaps slightly less of an urgency for that kind of thing as by the back two-thirds of Beast Wars the figures were generally quite animation accurate. The only one that really suffers is TM2 Blackarachnia. I think we'll see that figure in the next couple of years because it will allow HasTak to get some added value as a BotCon Arcee repaint. They've already released a BotCon Sandstorm update at retail so its on their radar.

That said, Commander Class Tigerhawk when?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Studio Series 86 core class Rumble's pile drivers can be extended. The end just pulls off allowing you to adjust the length a bit. And since it's a 5mm plug... batter up!

The 1995 G2 Cyberjets are flight-stand compatible.

I wonder if they're the first Transformers to have purpose-made holes for action figure stands.

I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about this and just learned about this post today. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Studio Series 86 core class Rumble's pile drivers can be extended. The end just pulls off allowing you to adjust the length a bit. And since it's a 5mm plug... batter up!

Just realised that G1 Springer's gun is meant to fit properly into the roof (on the car mode). I bought one back in 2007 and the gun never fit properly so I never really bothered plugging it in when I'd transform it. But I bought a plastic chest one today from Dirge and the gun fits snugly. I guess my metal chest one must be a mismatch of parts. I just thought it was poorly thought out all this time.

I just realised that Mirage's Japanese name is Ligier, but spelt in a Japanese way. For those non-motorsport fans, Ligier (French pronunciation: ​[li.ʒje]) was the manufacturer of the JS11 Formula 1 car that Mirage was given as his alt mode. While the Ligier F1 team went bankrupt after Ligier sold it to Alian Prost, Ligier themselves still make race cars in LMDh, LMP2 and LMP3.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The 1995 G2 Cyberjets are flight-stand compatible.

I wonder if they're the first Transformers to have purpose-made holes for action figure stands.
    I have such a soft spot for all of those figures.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I just spotted the stealth pun in Beastbox's name. I put it down to not having any connection whatsoever to US rap and hip-hop culture back in 1988 (and no real connection now, either, but I do at least know some terms these days ). It also has some substance to it when you stop to think about it, unlike a lot of puns.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I just spotted the stealth pun in Beastbox's name. I put it down to not having any connection whatsoever to US rap and hip-hop culture back in 1988 (and no real connection now, either, but I do at least know some terms these days ). It also has some substance to it when you stop to think about it, unlike a lot of puns.
    Ah glad you got that, I have a specific soft spot in my heart for Beastbox and Squawktalk, for that very same reason. Beastbox is a great use of a name. I also love the way the cassette teams are registered in high and low groups. Beastbox is bass, Squawtalk is treble kinda thing.

I'm colour blind.

I've had Huffer since 1985.

Yesterday, I discovered he's blue, not purple

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister