Page 110 of 120 FirstFirst ... 90100105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1197

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

I've watched the G1 cartoon first season lots of times, when it aired on TV and on DVD. But only after watching it on the computer did I realise there are 2 Starscreams in the intro (or a Skyscream?)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The artificial gravity was something that was suggested on fb, but after 4 million years, that's a pretty good power source to still be operating to hold everything in place all that time... almost as if they had the sort of energy technology that could have kept Cybertron powered up enough to not need to look for more millions of years ago.
    Eh, it was probably switched off for all that time and only fired up again once Teletraan was online. Although... if that was the case, wouldn't the bodies scattered around the floor in the first episode all have slid off to one side? Unless the floor had specific high-grip surfaces, which I suppose could be the case. Ark crashes with internal gravity on, everything is pulled to the floor and against the grippy surface, gravity slowly fades over the next couple of centuries/millennia, there's not enough of an angle for stuff on the floor to start sliding.

I always thought Car Robots (RID 2000) Ultra Magnus was a Cybertronian car carrier. However, I just realised when I found the Wikipedia article on these trucks that he is actually a Dekotora truck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dekotora
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I always thought Car Robots (RID 2000) Ultra Magnus was a Cybertronian car carrier. However, I just realised when I found the Wikipedia article on these trucks that he is actually a Dekotora truck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dekotora
    My eyes!!!

If those decorated trucks were a thing before 2000, I guess it could have been the inspiration of one of the Japanese designers, just like Fire Convoy was based on a Japanese fire truck. Car Robots was after all a Japanese-first series, so I would imagine that the original concepts (toys) in Car Robots were created by Takara people instead of Hasbro people... and their inspiration for alt-modes probably didn't have to have Hasbro approval, if Hasbro was busy working on Beast Machines and was expecting it to go for another year and become Transtech.
    After all, we also saw a combiner set of Trains done in Car Robots, which Hasbro would never do in a series that they had created, as trains are popular in Japan... and Hasbro people have said in the past that trains aren't as popular in America.

As much as I'd like to think that CR/RID Ultra Magnus is a Cybertronian truck, those decorated Japanese trucks unfortunately make too much sense to ignore.
    But, does that mean his toy/cartoon colours are not real-world accurate, and we should have had the toy blinged up with lights and shiny?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As much as I'd like to think that CR/RID Ultra Magnus is a Cybertronian truck, those decorated Japanese trucks unfortunately make too much sense to ignore.
    But, does that mean his toy/cartoon colours are not real-world accurate, and we should have had the toy blinged up with lights and shiny?
    Maybe he's a bit more humble
    It bothered me that his truck wasn't articulated, but in Japan very very very few trucks are. They are much smaller than some of the trucks in Australia. Nothing to compare to the old road trains.

This makes a whole lot of sense, since all the new moulds for Car Robot were real-world inspired (Megatron/Gigatron aside).
    I'm glad that they dialed it back a fair bit from the actual trucks, lol.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Not truly a 'thing I never realised' but the textured tongue on TR Skullcruncher is such a nice touch. Tee hee!

I just noticed it, and now that I have I can?t thing of anything else.
    The new Studio Series Wreck-Gar is male (since he has a moustache)?? but he also has protruding nipples.
    And from the looks of it, they are actually a point of articulation (two points, actually). Why, Hasbro, why?!?!?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    The new Studio Series Wreck-Gar is male (since he has a moustache)?? but he also has protruding nipples.
    And from the looks of it, they are actually a point of articulation (two points, actually). Why, Hasbro, why?!?!?
    Because it's cartoon accurate.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    So this guy wouldn't feel so bad: