Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 8999104105106107108109110111112113114119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1197

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

The artificial gravity was something that was suggested on fb, but after 4 million years, that's a pretty good power source to still be operating to hold everything in place all that time... almost as if they had the sort of energy technology that could have kept Cybertron powered up enough to not need to look for more millions of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I wish I hadn't read this. Can never be unseen.
    Hehehe.... you're welcome.

I should watch some episodes to see if it sticks into the back of my head to notice it...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Thanks to a post on fb, I never noticed that the Ark in the original cartoon was crashed at an angle, but all the floors inside were level...
    Simple. They built a level floor after re-awakening. To make it a usable base of operations.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

The angle of the ship sticking out the side of the mountain is too great... they would lose a lot of space... and would have to gut out most of the ship just to create a couple of usable flat levels. If they did that, it would have been easier to dig out the Ark and have it level on the ground next to the volcano (or in the dug out cavern).

It was shown at two different angles - pointing down into the mountain, or with the left/port side angling down. The exit they would drive out of was level to the ground, but the ship itself was always left at a rather big angle from being level.... which is now overthinking a kids cartoon way too much.

Maybe Hasbro can use this year's Titan Class figure to do a little retconning for you Griff.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I just assumed the floor dropped down somehow and the top bit was too wedged in for them to get out.

The thing that really bothered me about the ark is that there are no front doors. No wonder Ravage, Soundwave, Nightbird etc. were just strolling in whenever the needed to get a glass of milk

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I just assumed the floor dropped down somehow and the top bit was too wedged in for them to get out.

The thing that really bothered me about the ark is that there are no front doors. No wonder Ravage, Soundwave, Nightbird etc. were just strolling in whenever the needed to get a glass of milk
    Spoilers, maybe, but there were doors... spoilers we saw them in Beast Wars and I think they were damaged then a retcon but an explanation anyway!
    Last edited by Paulbot; 22nd January 2021 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Added more detail but with a spoiler warning

I never realised until watching “The Lazy Eyebrow’s” review of the Earthrise seeker mold that Starscream (and therefore Thundercracker and Skywarp), has a small peg behind the joint of where the knee bend is located. Once the peg is pegged into a slot inside of the leg, the knee bend joint ends up being more secured and not prone to being floppy (at least on my copy). After discovering this, I went to check on my copy of the instructions, and that peg was not even mentioned (visually) in the instructions. Is it just me or did most people didn’t know about this? (Even the lazy eyebrow didn’t know that this peg existed until someone commented on one of his videos on YouTube that this tab existed).

Link to video:
    ( the exact timestamp where the lazy eyebrow mentions this peg begins at 18:46, during the transformation section of the review)

It's present on the Coneheads too. I think I accidentally found it while transforming Starscream back from jet one time. Tend not to look at instructions unless I'm really stumped so didn't know it wasn't mentioned.

I was going to say "of course I knew about the tab" but watched the section you were talking about and realised it wasn't the shin panel tab.

I never even knew it was there, I've never had the collapsing issue mentioned, so perhaps I was just doing it properly because previous experience has shown that when the instructions say to move a piece, they typically are implying "until resistance" so have always fully converted the knee without knowing about the locking tab.

I just took a good look at my Henkei Cyclonus because I moved him from being around the TFTM characters to be with The Rebirth characters.

I don't think I ever realised how long and narrow his legs are.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.