Page 106 of 120 FirstFirst ... 8696101102103104105106107108109110111116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1197

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Has anyone made a review thread on arcee triplets?
    Look in the Review section and search that section for "Arcee" or "Studio"... or, just scroll down the first two pages, as the toy hasn't been out too long, and the second page should go back far enough.
    If there isn't one, you can start one.

No (for good reason ). Why you ask?

Here it is... now, you had better use it since you asked about it.

I've had this ad on a VHS tape since the late 80s. A conversation on Twitter made me discover it's different from the US and UK versions.

It also meant I discovered the Decepticon in it has a name: Zarak Maximus.

I ripped it and shared it on Twitter and it's been popular, so thought I should share here too

I love old TF commercials.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Until Hasbro sells a toy resembling that character and name it "Zarak Maximus", I see anything on the tfwiki that comes from the "ask vector prime facebook page" (run by FunPublications), as being as official as things said in the UK comics letter pages, like "Grim Grams" etc. Both were written by someone, or some people, related to a licensed source of fiction, but were generating non-story info outside of the Hasbro viewed and licensed fiction, that wouldn't have been seen or verified by Hasbro.

The concept for the Vector Prime facebook page was probably first meant to deal with explaining issues with their multi-verse, and any loose ends (like animation errors and unnamed characters)... but unless their info shows up later as an official toy or in a comic or cartoon, to me it is still officially unnamed, and up to the individual.

(Hasbro used to have people in their TFs toy division who were fans who worked their way into official roles, but these days I think the Hasbro people who are there now, who name unusual redecos and homages would refer to the tfwiki, as I doubt those people have read everything ever printed to know obscure names... like Greenlight and Lancer, who were both named in an online-exclusive text story for FunPub Club members that very few people would have read after 25 years without a name, so when Hasbro did toys of them last year, they could have easily created their own names... but my guess is they checked the tfwiki first.)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Until Hasbro sells a toy resembling that character and name it "Zarak Maximus",
    This comment made me look up "Zarak Maximus on tfwiki. I hadn't realised that he'd been officially assigned a name. Now I kinda want an official toy. (even a small Legends Class figure that could potentially pre-tooled as Double Punch would suffice)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This comment made me look up "Zarak Maximus on tfwiki. I hadn't realised that he'd been officially assigned a name.
    Only if you consider that short-lived FunPub facebook page as an official authority to name characters that don't yet have an official toy. Chances are that an obscure homage toy will be done at some point later (or for a future convention), and the nameless Hasbro people will look refer to the name FunPub gave it (noted on the TFwiki page)... but to me, it doesn't have an official name yet.

(I'm probably a little too obsessed about this point, but it really bugs me - a short-lived funpub facebook page is not Hasbro, and I think all those other hundreds of license-holders in the past who have produced or published random things or names that weren't fully scrutinised by Hasbro, shouldn't dictate what Hasbro should refer to in the future... however, if Hasbro specifically approved a name or concept and uses it for a toy, or later wants to copy something a license-holder created, then it will be official to me.)

I finally figured out what the pointed object on Sentinel Prime's right forearm is. It's a piercing tool, mounted at the end of the Rosenbauer Panther's 'Stinger' turret. The idea is that it pierces the skin of a burning aircraft to deliver water directly onto a fire inside.

Here it is on the actual truck used to portray Sentinel.