Page 102 of 120 FirstFirst ... 8292979899100101102103104105106107112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1196

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

*Nelson Laugh*

I just learned that there are two G1 characters named Ricochet. The Japanese repaint of Jazz known as Stepper in Japan but known as Ricochet in the West and a Targetmaster from 1988 that was partnered with Quickmix.

I only realised tonight that SS Shatter has 5mm ports on the inside of her arms.

Never knew this before! But now suddenly the fact that Megatron's scope has handles and part of the stock has a peg on the side makes sense! Naturally Megatron was originally a Microman toy so it makes perfect sense that he would've been designed to be compatible with Microman figures.

Thanks to tha_phantom for pointing this out to me. I've also just realised that the position of the plug hole on the back of Microman figures can vary. On Gamede and Kicker* they're located on the upper back (between the shoulders) but on vintage Microman toys it's on the mid back (upper lumbar). And while doing a Google image search I found that some Microman toys appear to have holes in either or both positions!

--------------------------------------------------
    *Not that it does Kicker much good since his backpack seems to be permanently attached (I can remove his chestplate but the straps don't feel detachable)

I got my first Targetmaster style Battlemasters today. I didn't realise how much of downgrade they are from the LG-EX Targetmasters. Good thing I bought all of the LG-EX stuff so I can skip the Battlemasters that are repeated characters.

Around the turn of the century I got a second-hand Astro-Magnum or Galaxy Man or knock-off (still never verified which) and I love it. But only recently, for some reason, I was watching a YouTube review of G1 Shockwave and was astounded to see its head turns. I went to my toy and discovered that, while stiff, its head turns! I'd never even bothered to check that.

I never noticed or knew that two of the Japanese Seacons had the same names as the Hasbro Seacons (Overbite and Tentakil).
    With four of the names being Turtler, Gulf, Kraken and Lobclaw, I was expecting the other two would also have odd "Japanese English" names when the third pair of Generations Selects were added to the TakaraTomyMall website today... but when they had the Hasbro names listed, I actually had to check tfwiki to see that two of the six indeed have Hasbro names.
    I guess since I never had an interest in the Japanese Seacons as toys (the toys were identical to the Hasbro ones) and I only watched the Japanese Masterforce cartoon once, I never took notice of the names.

I just found out that the music score to the Rescue Bots cartoon from Season 2 onwards, was done by an Australian composer Christopher Elves (from Brisbane).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I just found out that the music score to the Rescue Bots cartoon from Season 2 onwards, was done by an Australian composer Christopher Elves (from Brisbane).
    That's very cool and interesting
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

CHICKEN TRANSFORMERS EXIST

Sort of.

Titans Return Crashbash and its Legends repaint Servant transform into robotic birds which, according to at least one source of canon, are chickens.
    Of course, these sort of vehicles don't count individually as Transformers (under the UCM), but still -- I must have at least one of these now as they're currently the closest thing we have to a chicken TF until HasTak actually properly do one! I now have a new Grail.