Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target 30% off Transformers 17/11 - 23/11

Default Target 30% off Transformers 17/11 - 23/11

Last edited by adds; 17th November 2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: added date to title

Would that take Jetwing OP down to $119? I'm tempted...

Kinda feel bad about those who raced around to buy up stuff in the last week at 20% off, only to find out that it would be increased to 30% off this week.

Looks like the Brand is dead in the water in the eyes of Target, with this sort of discount to clear out this unwanted toyline. The people at Hasbro have their work cut out for them if they are wanting retailers here to risk taking on Transformers any time soon. (bad news for us, as the "gun shy" Retailers here will mean less assortments & even sub-lines making their way to Australia, because they are less likely to believe any claims that a new series is expected to be popular)

It could just be a nice pre X-Mas sale price on a popular toyline. It's also 30% off Barbie and Hot Wheels and I doubt either of those brands are "dead in the water in the eyes of Target".

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's also 30% off Barbie and Hot Wheels and I doubt either of those brands are "dead in the water in the eyes of Target".
    Same with women's pants.

Anyway, is 30% off enough incentive to buy one those Bumblebee and Megatron Cyberverse packs? I don't know.

damn target. i bought jetwing at 20% off.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Kinda feel bad about those who raced around to buy up stuff in the last week at 20% off, only to find out that it would be increased to 30% off this week.

Looks like the Brand is dead in the water in the eyes of Target, with this sort of discount to clear out this unwanted toyline. The people at Hasbro have their work cut out for them if they are wanting retailers here to risk taking on Transformers any time soon. (bad news for us, as the "gun shy" Retailers here will mean less assortments & even sub-lines making their way to Australia, because they are less likely to believe any claims that a new series is expected to be popular)
    hmmm Id hate to see the same phenomenon happen again - my local Target at one time had the TFs reduced from 1 whole aisle to just 1/5 of the whole shelf space....and pretty much what on the shelf are repaints and meh shelfwarmers. We haven't even got Guzzle in here yet, sigh.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I've trying to post in this thread for the last ten minutes but it all just ends up being a rant about the DOTM line. If Target has anything worth buying at 30% off I might check it out.

Hatchet for $12.90 got me buying

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I've trying to post in this thread for the last ten minutes but it all just ends up being a rant about the DOTM line.
    Aw. I wanted to see your rant

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister