Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance for transformers

Default Insurance for transformers

My boss's boss today publicly asked me a question:

What insurance should transformers go for, life insurance or car insurance?

I personally would have answered Idiot Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    I personally would have answered Idiot Insurance
    I still want my job Aqua!!!!

Life insurance. Not all of them turn into cars.
    Except Optimus Prime, the premiums would be murder.

I agree with Odie - definitely life insurance because their cars are just their disguises. And also as he said, only some Transformers transform into cars, you also have jets, radio-cassette players, MP3 players, earphones, vending machines, toasters, mobile phones, game console controllers, dogs, wolves, eagles, squid, boars, penguin, giraffe, woolly mammoth, gorillas, mandrill, monkey, boats, tree, kangaroo, koala, Tasmanian Devil, crocodiles, dragons, bats, bicycle, skateboard, motorcycles, scooters, binoculars, microscopes, firearms, cannons, tanks, APCs, air craft carriers, drill tanks, wrist watches, milkshakes, hamburgers, bears, dinosaurs, pterosaurs, planets, Death Star, spaceships, falcons, tigers, lions, sharks, shellfish, whales, shoes, TV, photocopier, people, monsters, giant people, trains, cheetahs, jaguars, USBs etc etc etc.

As if "car insurance" would just cover that. Also, car insurance is a form of property insurance, and imposing property insurance on a sentient beings raises serious moral and ethical questions - arguably crossing over to slavery; although one could argue if the universal declaration of human rights applies to extra-terrestrial non-biological entities (probably not). Of course, if someone isn't entitled to full human rights, then are they eligible to apply for insurance? After all, minors don't have full rights thus they cannot apply for insurance themselves. I suppose someone else could insure them as their custodians or guardians (e.g. a government); but new laws would probably have to be formed in order to allow that to happen.

Car insurance? That's just insulting their dignity as rational agents. <nerd.rage>

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They'd be ineligible for life insurance. They'd fail too many criteria to be eligible for any kind of life insurance.

<<<Anti-Joke Chicken. (The second Anti-Joke Chicken, I guess).

Wouldn't it be under home and contents insurance?

I'd say life insurance, but to be honest, with the high risk of dying, after all they are in the midst of a civil war, I very much doubt that any insurance company would want to take that on. Plus imagine how much the parts must cost for living machines....

Optimus could well be up for fraudulent activity as well. Dying, then his claim goes to his next of kin and BAM! He's back again! And on holiday in the Bahamas. Oh how conveneient...

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    Wouldn't it be under home and contents insurance?
    For the toys, yes.

It took me a while to figure it out as well, but this was just asking hypothetically if Transformers were real - since they have vehicle modes, what insurance would they be eligible for?

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

OT: Everyone should ensure their collections are insured.

I KNOW most people don't have adequate coverage for theirs.