Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers in Japan

Default Transformers in Japan

I didn't want to hijack Funkyaw's thread so I started a new one.

Mods, feel free to chuck this into his/her thread if its not appropriate.

I'll be going to Japan for 2 weeks in October but will be stopping over in Singapore for a day or 2. Its a while away I know, but I would like to incorporate my trip plan with places that I can buy transformers

Is it worth getting anything in Singapore, or would Japan have pretty much everything Singapore has plus more?

Also, would I be right in saying that I should be able to find all the transformers I want in Tokyo? The only place I can think of is Akihabara, are there other parts of Tokyo worth mentioning?

I replied this in funkyaw's thread

Are you able to head down to the city??
    How much are you willing to spend and what are you particularly looking for??
    Movie? G1? Others....if you're unsure, its hard as going some places might take a whole day. If yes...i'll continue.
    Maybe you wish to look at that thread of where to shop in Singapore while people can recommend places to go in Japan here...

I would recommend going to Akihabara in Japan.

There are a lot of little stores in the main street that have a lot of stuff - including some rare G1 items.

Prices can vary and i found that the majority of the stores preferred cash over credit (and the places that did have credit facilities did not accept Australian mastercard/visa despite having mastercard/visa signs).

Thanks Iceburn/Funkyaw.

Anybody able to comment on whether its worth shopping in both Singapore and Japan? I would much rather do all my shopping in one country, that way I won't have to carry it around with me.

im not a mod yet, so i dont feel that this thread is inappropriate

take lots of money, trust me

So anybody able to recommend whether I should shop in both Singapore and Japan? My preference would be to just shop in Japan in terms of convenience but a TF fan must do what a TF fan must, so if you people think Singapore has something to offer that Japan doesn't then I'll have no choice but to buy in Singapore.

i personally believe Singapore would be better to shop at.

Its smaller and the toy shops are not too hard to find

whereas Japan is big big big

plus in Singapore its easier to find both Hasbro and Takara products, whereas Japan has mostly takara stuff, not that i was complaining better quality

Depending on how much time you have, a stroll in the local area might find a goody, but of course that is a random option. I found a good one in the "burbs" with some sweet stock, but that was 8 or so years ago now...

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Pulse's advice: bring plenty of extra dollars for spending on both...

A) TFs &
    B) another suitcase

Hmmm from the sounds of it, looks like i'm gonna have to make singapore part of my return leg of the trip then, suitcases in singapore should be cheap right?

mann o mann i gotta start saving, damn rent eating away my precious $$$