Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Rumored) G1 Rodimus Prime & Sideswipe Reissues

Default (Rumored) G1 Rodimus Prime & Sideswipe Reissues

Courtesy of Seibertron.com, via Kapow Toys, rumour has it that late December will see the reissuing of G1 Rodimus Prime and Sideswipe.
    Though nothing is mentioned with regards to packaging or pricing, it is believed that these will be the same TRU Reissues that were seen in the early '00s and that they will be an Asian Market Exclusive pair of releases.

Was hoping for an Encore release of both , ah well....as long as it's cheap.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

If either of these actually materialise I'd be looking at a Sideswipe myself.

I would guess that we'd be very unlikely to see them here similar to the Hasbro TRU exclusive release of Perceptor and the Insecticons a few years back. I hope I'm wrong for those that want to buy these locally.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Why Rodimus and Sideswipe? Why are those specifically chosen- hope this is Encore- will definitely pick up- although I hope its not as bad as Devy in terms of quality.

Blargh... more reissues of reissues... pah! Come on and give us some more reissues of stuff that hasn't already been reissued please! (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Was hoping for an Encore release of both , ah well....as long as it's cheap.
    Previous Hasbro reissues of these characters were okay. Sideswipe's didn't lose any chrome and his missile wasn't lengthened (thus his launcher mechanism was disabled - but sure beats having lengthened missiles IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Why Rodimus and Sideswipe? Why are those specifically chosen- hope this is Encore- will definitely pick up- although I hope its not as bad as Devy in terms of quality.
    At least Devastator was a NEW reissue though. I already have previous reissues of Sideswipe and Rodimus Prime... don't need them again, so it's a big pass from me. If HasTak start reissuing NEW stuff again then I'll happily support their efforts. Come on... give us more new stuff!

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Previous Hasbro reissues of these characters were okay. Sideswipe's didn't lose any chrome and his missile wasn't lengthened (thus his launcher mechanism was disabled - but sure beats having lengthened missiles IMO).
    Then there was a massive quality divide between him and Red Alert. Hasbro didn't even bother attaching his spoiler, so I'm surprised to hear you say that Sideswipe was handled well by them.

Personally I'd like to see him get an Encore release along with Red Alert so a decent quality reissue surfaces of him.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    My 2 Devys are perfect. He rocks!!

Perfect? So I guess yours must be free from some of the defects that mine has, such as:
    + Scavenger's toes being prone to falling off due to the pegs being too small (see here)
    + Long Haul's back panel being unable to properly lock into place in robot mode due to the back peg being too small (see link above)
    + The inferior grade of plastic (not visibly noticeable, but it does feel different)
    + Inferior sculpting on certain places, like Long Haul's front grille (see here)

Maybe your set is free of these defects, 'cos otherwise I wouldn't consider them to be "perfect." :/

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Perfect? So I guess yours must be free from some of the defects that mine has, such as:
    + Scavenger's toes being prone to falling off due to the pegs being too small (see here)
    + Long Haul's back panel being unable to properly lock into place in robot mode due to the back peg being too small (see link above)
    + The inferior grade of plastic (not visibly noticeable, but it does feel different)
    + Inferior sculpting on certain places, like Long Haul's front grille (see here)

Maybe your set is free of these defects, 'cos otherwise I wouldn't consider them to be "perfect." :/
    Everyone has a different perception of perfect. I believe my children are perfect but others would not.