Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    i'm pretty sure they don't charge less for "sub-standard" ever.
    If you're OK with that then that's your prerogative. For me, I expect the packaging to be in 'near new' condition and if it isn't, I would expect a discount much the same way as if I were to buy an in-store item.

When I worked in retail, we would have a trolley of goods near the registers that were still considered 'mint', however the packaging had suffered slightly i.e. crushed, torn, bent, and would sell these for less than RRP.

Let me know when you're in the market for a used (read - sub-standard) car. I'll gladly sell you mine for the same price as a new car
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Megatran Guest

I forgot to ask BBTS how a $20 store credit will appear in my account. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I forgot to ask BBTS how a $20 store credit will appear in my account. Anyone know?
    You'll see it appear on your 'my account' page.
    A box should pop up under your CC details.

Megatran Guest

Thanks Sinnertwin. It hasn't showed up on My Account page. I'll give it a week and follow up if it doesn't appear.

I received what quite frankly was below sub-standard packaging on my Generations Skids a couple of weeks back. It looked like a fork lift had pierced the bubble but stopped short of the comic.

I emailed them right away to let them know so they could get to the bottom of how it happened and stop it from happening in the future. I specifically said I didn't want a refund or replacement as I collect Hasbro figures loose and the packaging was destined for the recycling and the toy was OK. So they had no reason to do so but they credited me $5 on my account. BBTS customer service is the best I've ever had from a toy company.

Getting a little frustrated with the constant delays with BBTS

Had a The Tick figure and a Power Girl magazine & figure ordered since December. Each month they say they will show up, then they never do and at the start of the next month they say it will show up then

Now Arcee and Chromia have been pushed back from March to September! I can understand them being a bit off in their estimates, but by half a year!?! I'm starting to think they put these dates earlier so that they can get people to pre-order with them rather than going elsewhere, in the hopes people will just wait rather than going to the trouble to cancel

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Getting a little frustrated with the constant delays with BBTS

Had a The Tick figure and a Power Girl magazine & figure ordered since December. Each month they say they will show up, then they never do and at the start of the next month they say it will show up then

Now Arcee and Chromia have been pushed back from March to September! I can understand them being a bit off in their estimates, but by half a year!?! I'm starting to think they put these dates earlier so that they can get people to pre-order with them rather than going elsewhere, in the hopes people will just wait rather than going to the trouble to cancel
    Most of the time all they have to go on is info they get from their suppliers and there are many points of eveidence pointing to suppliers like Hasbro shifting release dates.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Most of the time all they have to go on is info they get from their suppliers and there are many points of eveidence pointing to suppliers like Hasbro shifting release dates.
    Indeed. With Hasbro America products, they get the dates from Hasbro. Many fans were suspicious of the unusually early date for Chromia/Arcee wave, so the real question is why did it take so long for someone to query Hasbro about it, or take so long for Hasbro to notice the error and issue a correction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing a lot of us got the same email. The Rattrap/Tankor/Crosscut wave that was supposed to be out soon got canned. Rattrap and Tankor are coming out in June (maybe) and Crosscut - well - who knows!

Also Arcee and Chromia have been pushed back almost indefinetly. Hasbro has asked BBTS to remove the listing, though if you have a pre-order it will remain on file.

By the sounds of it, these changes can be put down to Hasbo stuffing around because they are giving the movie line of toys precedent, rather than BBTS being its usual lax self with it's order dates (though now my The Tick figure has been moved back yet again to almost a year after they said it should arrive)

I heard about that. So basically Hasbro has shat on its distributors and in turn, its fans. Poor move by Hasbro. At least they won't be getting any of my money for the forseeable future as I don't think I will be buying any movie figures because they don't interest me.