Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    How many times does everyone pause in the middle of building a set while swearing that the required piece isn't there!!?!?!?! I kept pondering how I was going to call Lego because they shorted me! But of course, it always shows up. Actually though, I did get an incorrectly colored lower torso, so I will write them.
    I have found with my past experiences that Lego is the best company to deal with when it comes to replacement parts.
    I found that a couple of my parts broke, shot of an email and they said they were sorry about the parts breaking, so they would sent me new ones. and these were for sets that were 5 or 6 years old.
    I asked once if they were going to give away or release a Bionicle mask piece (the Vahi for anyone who knows). They said they weren't going to release it down here, but sent me one anyway.
    They are really really generous.

Lego f@#$%^ng rule!
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Are you going to get any more?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    All the time.

Yea, I also thought that I got an incorrectly coloured bit with my imperial dropship, but I found that I had used the wrong coloured bit elsewhere and it was just a mix up on my part, because with the sets these days, I have trouble of distinguishing grey from black in the instructions. The black should be black, not just a darker grey shade.
    +1 It's hell sometimes, especially under yellow/orange light.

For the more experienced Lego Buyers here, I've bit the bullet and decided to start collecting lego too to, as Jaydisc says, grant me the "scenes" I've been looking for.

So where are the best places to buy? Is it better to buy online from a certain store or is retail the cheapest option? Or should I only buy stuff I really want from the stores and then look around on eBay for cheap lots?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Have you guys tried BrickLink?

http://www.bricklink.com

You can buy just parts, minifigures, or sets, new, used, etc.

Kinda like eBay for LEGO, but I think the prices are more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Have you guys tried BrickLink?

http://www.bricklink.com

You can buy just parts, minifigures, or sets, new, used, etc.

Kinda like eBay for LEGO, but I think the prices are more reasonable.
    there seem to be a lot more parts and pieces than sets. Are our RRP prices a ripoff compared to international markets? Like TFs?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Ive just found the Lego Town plan in my local myer and put it on layby . sweeeet. I even got a free oversized TF bag coz it's worth more than $50. Unfortunately I can claim the bag only once ive completely paid the layby so I wont be getting my mitts on it just yet. . Anyways, Ive just rearranged my small lego town adding the stuff i've had stored for months in boxes now. there's still a few more and now with the sale a few lot more on layby ( coast guard and town plan)

link here >>>>http://neilcdc.multiply.com/photos/a.../New_Lego_Town

it used to look like this >>>http://neilcdc.multiply.com/photos/album/7/Lego_Town

just need to purchase more roadplates as well

I only wanted to build a town before so my TFs can play Godzilla in it but its become a full blown separate hobby now hehehe, need a lot of floor space for this one though
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    there seem to be a lot more parts and pieces than sets. Are our RRP prices a ripoff compared to international markets? Like TFs?
    From what I can see, the Aust. prices for new / current LEGO sets are not bad.

However if you are after older stuff (e.g. Classic Space minifigs), then usually eBay charges much more than BrickLink.

If you are buying piece by piece I think BrickLink is cheaper too than going to LEGO.com, but you need to check around the various shops on BL.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Can I ask you Lego Guys something ,

You might remember that I too used to be a Star Wars Lego guy in previous life () & I had massive problems with finding room for it all (Once it's built, Lego seems to take up much more room than TFs do).

So I was wondering, Do you guys seem to have problems in finding room for it all? Especially the bigger sets, they are Massive!

I've had to clear shelves in my cupboard just to store my new renewed interest in Lego and even then, its more a storage solution than a display solution. The funny thing is, I have heaps of TFs in storage, in large drawers which I never felt the need to display but yet with my Legos, I just felt I had to display them in some capacity over my TF collection. Perhaps because I already have so many TFs on display, I just felt that I needed to break up the monotony of it all and show some variation. I'm wondering where the rest of my Legos are going to go once they arrive - I was thinking in a corner in my daughter's playroom but the missus has said no to that since I already have my own room:

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e_top_view_all

Maybe I could move the missus into the garage and use our bedroom....
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Can I ask you Lego Guys something So I was wondering, Do you guys seem to have problems in finding room for it all? Especially the bigger sets, they are Massive!
    Yes I haven't quite figured out where to put the Falcon yet. It's difficult to display. The Star Destroyer is easy cos it's both tall and long, but the falcon is quite flat, and you want to be able to see all of it cos it's no symmetrical.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I've had to clear shelves in my cupboard just to store my new renewed interest in Lego and even then, its more a storage solution than a display solution. The funny thing is, I have heaps of TFs in storage, in large drawers which I never felt the need to display but yet with my Legos, I just felt I had to display them in some capacity over my TF collection. Perhaps because I already have so many TFs on display, I just felt that I needed to break up the monotony of it all and show some variation. I'm wondering where the rest of my Legos are going to go once they arrive - I was thinking in a corner in my daughter's playroom but the missus has said no to that since I already have my own room:

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e_top_view_all

Maybe I could move the missus into the garage and use our bedroom....
    hey you could store stuff at my house