Page 30 of 76 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031323334354050 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

Wow they are going all out with the Racers line. I'm intruiged by the RC models. I hope its moderatly priced as it doesn't look like a big set. That fold-out race track set is interesting.

That Indiana Jones bomber jet has too much custom moulded pieces - the cockpit and wings.

The Creator line is my favorite out of all Lego lines as its consistently good and has some interesting builds. I've been wishing for a new smallish Creator vehicle and that green racecar fits the bill perfectly. Just like the 2007 yellow car they had.

As nice as those Bionicles are, they are always the same each year. Just a couple of new moulds for head and a new weapon gimmick. Its dissapointing to know that all you get are almost just "repaints".

Those Pirates look pretty good. Especially the ship and the Imperial Port thing.

So are there going to be any new Castle sets next year?

Yeah, I was kinda hoping against hope that there might be some Exo-Force Lego but alas...

The Creator sets look amazing. They are seriously getting better and better with those. This year was a pass for me on a few Creator sets but definitely will be grabbing more of them next year.

The Racers look very neat and my sister will be sure as heck excited by those. She'll definitely love the Farm sets too. I can't wait to see the glee on her face.

I like that Fold out RaceTrack too. Looks very cool.

The Indiana sets strike me so bland no matter how much I love the first three movies. I love the way they reversed the windows on the truck to give it the aged look. Very inventive.

The Pirate Ship will be mine. Childhood memories and all.

Some of the SWs stuff looks very nice but none of them are that compelling but they'd make for quiet periods like these when I don't have all that much to buy.

The Duplo sets look great. My little sister would've loved those if they were around a year or two ago.

The Agent sets are neat. I'll pick up one or two of those. The boat and massive truck are two of the really nice ones.

Bionocle < Exo-Force.

And where are the new space sets that were mentioned?

Oh and can someone keep an eye out for the new catalogues when they hit and grab some if they come by them for me please if in Melb. Preferrably two or three.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Those Pirates look pretty good. Especially the ship and the Imperial Port thing.

So are there going to be any new Castle sets next year?
    Just looked at that again, not doing it for me. It looks at first glance very nice but then it looks like some of the walls are just one large piece with pre-done paint apps which I find disappointing as there's no building involved at all.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

The other day I was in a local Target's toy section just wandering through the aisles, it got me wondering which toy company forks out the most for shelf-spacing?

& as far back as I can remember, Lego has occupied entire aisles since like... forever

Man, it must cost Lego a fortune to occupy that much space in the toy section. I'm guessing costs like this as well as lagging sales back in the early/mid 90's nearly put them out of business... (that is until they decided to go in the direction of Bionycle which revived their stocks considerably)

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    The other day I was in a local Target's toy section just wandering through the aisles, it got me wondering which toy company forks out the most for shelf-spacing?

& as far back as I can remember, Lego has occupied entire aisles since like... forever

Man, it must cost Lego a fortune to occupy that much space in the toy section. I'm guessing costs like this as well as lagging sales back in the early/mid 90's nearly put them out of business... (that is until they decided to go in the direction of Bionycle which revived their stocks considerably)
    Pulsey like Lego too? Or Pulsey feeling out?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Nah, Pulsey has Coca-Cola Can Robot to keep him happy...

For those interested in the new Agents line, I spotted 8635: Mission 6: Mobile Command Center at Myer City store (Melbourne), two of them (or maybe four, I didn't bother checking if there were more boxes behind) with an asking price of $149.

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    For those interested in the new Agents line, I spotted 8635: Mission 6: Mobile Command Center at Myer City store (Melbourne), two of them (or maybe four, I didn't bother checking if there were more boxes behind) with an asking price of $149.
    Hmmmm.. Maybe we should start Lego Sightings too!

I think we should but Paulbot might have my vocal circuits if we do. I saw the new Bionocle sets at Target Reservoir. Look kinda neat but not mech enough for me.

And query, was there anyone who ever complained how close Exo-Force was to the Exo-Squad concept? Lint mentioned it in one of the other threads and I realised how similar they are. Heck, that's one of the reasons I like Exo-Force b/c it reminds me of those.